Re: Help please - can i remove stay for hardship?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I would like some advice on where to go, as i am a little stuck.

Background;

Decided to apply for refund in March from LTSB, and have gone through the usual process, without help so far as i have been fairly confident of what was needed to do.

I have 2 problems at the moment with this.

1. My account is with collections, and they have been pursuing me to clear this debt (90% made up of charges). it got sent to BCW, who i dealt with quickly, and it got sent back to collections

Question on this is, if a stay goes ahead, can they continue to pursue me?

Can i use this as a reason for a stay not being placed on my claim?

2. Can i use hardship as a reason for a potential stay being removed?

i have over the last year had some financial difficulties - resulting in high mortgage arrears and council tax being passed to bailiffs (CC sorted now).

mortgage is not however. i have a posession order on the property, subject to me paying very high payments to mortgage. the posession order was gained in the same court i am claiming against LTSB.

would this be a good enough reason to get the stay removed?

hope someone can help.

thanks...

If you go to my thread in A&L successes you will see a post where I extracted part of the FSA statement - or you can find it on the internet where you will see that as part of the agreement for waiver the banks agreed to filter through hardship cases it is the best reason for lifting a stay

icon1.gifThe Stay - Here is the application grounds for the removal of the stay

Please read all the threads in this section and if you decide to go ahead I suggest you have to be prepared to have a hearing about the stay and plead your case - but also maybe highlight this statement and send it o the bank with any correspondence.

If the stay is at the courts initiative you may be exempt fro paying the fee.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE