Cooperative Bank loan with mis sold ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was implied that taking out a ppi was essential in order to obtain a loan from the Coop Bank .I wasn't asked about any existing or previous medical conditions,

which unfortunately I have.

I h ave sent 2 letters ,starting early in June! I took the loan out in 2005,retired on health grounds in 1990.

Today I have filled a Financial Ombudsman form in, their last letter ie. Coop Bank, after a14 day deadline, was a delaying letter!!

I :) :) have also sent copies of correspondence.

I feel there is a good chance of mis selling.

Ido hope it doesn't take too long!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!

Pinada golf lady

It was implied that taking out a ppi was essential in order to obtain a loan from the Co-Op Bank .I wasn't asked about any existing or previous medical conditions,

which unfortunately I have.

I h ave sent 2 letters ,starting early in June! I took the loan out in 2005,retired on health grounds in 1990.

Today I have filled a Financial Ombudsman form in, their last letter ie. Co-Op Bank, after a14 day deadline, was a delaying letter!!

I :) :) have also sent copies of correspondence.

I feel there is a good chance of mis selling.

Ido hope it doesn't take too long!!!

Wish me luck!!!!!

Pinada golf lady

Hello,

Will watch with interest, Good luck and keep us posted.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi,

I think you may have a bit of a wait with the FOS, though they should be a bit quieter just now with the test case for bank charges putting claims on hold.

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi there,

I think you will have to wait at least three months before you get a response from the FOS, i have been waiting six months and have just been informed that they are now dealing with it.

Of course now the bank charges are on hold it should speed up but they will take more than a couple of weeks before you hear anything.

All the best

The big g

Hello all,

Had a letter from the Financial Ombudsman office informing me that my claim is UP HELD due to the way the PPI was sold,mainly on the lack of information regarding other PPI options at the time of selling.

So as the commercial says " happy days "

The Big G :)

Hello Big Grin

What excellent new for you, well done. This news will be a inspiration to others who are becoming a bit dispondent with this process.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Big Grin

What excellent new for you, well done. This news will be a inspiration to others who are becoming a bit dispondent with this process.

Hi HHNF

Yep it's good news, the contents of the letter contained a damming view of the broker ( happy days ) but what was pleasing to see written was that the FO overall feels that this type of insurance is aimed at the loan company/broker and insurance provider. They are the only winners not the protected so i feel that the FO will side with the office of fair trading who are currently investigating the practice.

So for everybody out there with this type of policy it's basically not worth the paper it's written on, get claiming back!!!!!

• 1 month later...

:) PPI claim with Coop . Bank with the FO since September, sent loads of information to them. Telephoned today, they have already written twice to the Bank asking for info., so I think cases must be moving reasonably quickly.

Hope that will encourage anyone who is thinking of going down the FO. route.:) best of luck Pinada golf Ladyx