GT Vs NatWest

gt568
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will do,

The loan was taken out in 2003, and i paid this for the best part of four years. I was in a position in Aug this year to settle the account, so did.

I have sent off a SAR today for all details relating to the loan account, so will wait and see what comes back.

I'll post on a seperate thread once this gets going.

Has anyone any idea how much Natwest have charged for PPI, or does it depend on individual circumstances?

sorry to be interferring and posting my own complaint on someone elses thread on PPI's. for me this really has opened up a can of worms, and i thought that my post would show up on new posts, but it hasnt and is only showing under PPI's. i will get used to how this system works in time, but im one that needs to be shown, reading through and applying techy instructions doesnt work easily - sorry

anyway

just recently i have spent hours reading through the posts, and my attention has now been drawn to the PPI attached to my mortgage which i expressly refused just over 10 year ago. the big thing is that i actually have in writing from LTSB/C&G a print of my interview with them for the mortage where the advisor recorded

'Protection:

no need has been indentifed at this reveiw

the client accepted the recommendations

Income

in the event of illness (my name) could experience a drop in living standards, however the client felt that she did not wish to protect her income

the client accepted the reccomendation'

LTSB/C&G having recorded that i advised that i didnt need or want their protection cover, i was astonished on going over paperwork to identify that since the start of my mortgage with LTSB PPI has been applied since 1996!!!!!!

now you may think that i didnt read the document 10+ year ago. i promise i did, i honestly dont know how i didnt realise about the PPI (but there you go), i think i must have been concentrating on the repayment figure and that i could afford it rather than taking in the breakdown.

i must add though the PPi is quoted on my mortgage quotation, having checked the following statements i cannot find any further reference to it. the statements just mention payments made and interest no seperate detail about the £20.00pm PPI. is this normal? if this information had been included with my statements i most definately would have picked up the additional charge and challenged it.

is my mortgage repaid? hell no, since then i have taken out a further loan, and you guessed it , checking through that paperwork there is an additional PPI on that as well. but this one is annoying as well because the loan was applied for over the phone. NO ONE asked me if i wanted the PPI, or explained about it being optional, but it has ended up on the new loan arrangement anyway. this time for £24.00pm. what a bleedin liberty. so far then that is approx £49.00pm on unless PPI's. i work in the public sector with pretty generous benefits and this was the case when i took out the mortgage initially (which is why i refused it) and was the same for the loan. aaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh

now before i start firing on all cylinders, experienced forum members, does this look like a reclaim case. what are the chances of the C&G requesting immediate pay back of the remaining mortgage and secured loan?

i know i signed documents and that you should alway always read the small print, but for godsake its a bank, if you cant trust your bank who the hell can you trust. having told them i dont want their protection the first time and not being asked the second who would have thought that they would have included these charges anyway. Good God there are a large financial institution with a history going back about 300 years for christsake. what the hell is going on??

please excuse the rant. only just discovered the charges. i think i am in shock. im going for my bath now to try and calm down.

someone please help or tell me to shut up

my apologies GT

sorry to be interferring and posting my own complaint on someone elses thread on PPI's. for me this really has opened up a can of worms, and i thought that my post would show up on new posts, but it hasnt and is only showing under PPI's. i will get used to how this system works in time, but im one that needs to be shown, reading through and applying techy instructions doesnt work easily - sorry

anyway

just recently i have spent hours reading through the posts, and my attention has now been drawn to the PPI attached to my mortgage which i expressly refused just over 10 year ago. the big thing is that i actually have in writing from LTSB/C&G a print of my interview with them for the mortage where the advisor recorded

'Protection:

no need has been indentifed at this reveiw

the client accepted the recommendations

Income

in the event of illness (my name) could experience a drop in living standards, however the client felt that she did not wish to protect her income

the client accepted the reccomendation'

LTSB/C&G having recorded that i advised that i didnt need or want their protection cover, i was astonished on going over paperwork to identify that since the start of my mortgage with LTSB PPI has been applied since 1996!!!!!!

now you may think that i didnt read the document 10+ year ago. i promise i did, i honestly dont know how i didnt realise about the PPI (but there you go), i think i must have been concentrating on the repayment figure and that i could afford it rather than taking in the breakdown.

i must add though the PPi is quoted on my mortgage quotation, having checked the following statements i cannot find any further reference to it. the statements just mention payments made and interest no seperate detail about the £20.00pm PPI. is this normal? if this information had been included with my statements i most definately would have picked up the additional charge and challenged it.

is my mortgage repaid? hell no, since then i have taken out a further loan, and you guessed it , checking through that paperwork there is an additional PPI on that as well. but this one is annoying as well because the loan was applied for over the phone. NO ONE asked me if i wanted the PPI, or explained about it being optional, but it has ended up on the new loan arrangement anyway. this time for £24.00pm. what a bleedin liberty. so far then that is approx £49.00pm on unless PPI's. i work in the public sector with pretty generous benefits and this was the case when i took out the mortgage initially (which is why i refused it) and was the same for the loan. aaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhh

now before i start firing on all cylinders, experienced forum members, does this look like a reclaim case. what are the chances of the C&G requesting immediate pay back of the remaining mortgage and secured loan?

i know i signed documents and that you should alway always read the small print, but for godsake its a bank, if you cant trust your bank who the hell can you trust. having told them i dont want their protection the first time and not being asked the second who would have thought that they would have included these charges anyway. Good God there are a large financial institution with a history going back about 300 years for christsake. what the hell is going on??

please excuse the rant. only just discovered the charges. i think i am in shock. im going for my bath now to try and calm down.

someone please help or tell me to shut up

my apologies GT

Hello,

Have you calmed down now after your bath:) Please start a new thread on the site and you will get lots of help and support.

I would say that you have the evidence of mis-selling with the mortgage ppi. Go after them with this.

The loan yes I would agree. Go after them with this. You may have to do 2 separate claims as It may be two separate departments that you need to deal with.

Anyway you have now learned the hard lesson, never, never trust any financial institute. They are after one thing only, your money by fair or foul means.

and of course we are now educating ourselves in their tactics and yes the worms are turning.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Well update time, recieved two letters today as folows:

First letter was standard confiming cancellation of my PPI and notifying me of my new payments.

Second letter dealt more specifically my complaint and went as follows:

Thank you once again for your patience while I have been continuing my investigation into your complaint. I am awaiting from our lending centre, answers raised in your recent letter regarding the intrest charged to the loan as a result of having PLI. I am sorry this has delayed me in responding fully to your concerns.

As it is taking us longer than expected to resolve your concern, I am enclosing a leaflet that gives details of the FOS. If you wish you can refer your complaint to them, but I hope you will be prepared to give me a little longer to complete my investigation.

I shall certainly contact you within 2 weeks blah blah blah.

So what should I do now??????:confused: Should a get more militant, reply saying 2 more weeks, or just wait and see?

Well update time, recieved two letters today as folows:

First letter was standard confiming cancellation of my PPI and notifying me of my new payments.

Second letter dealt more specifically my complaint and went as follows:

Thank you once again for your patience while I have been continuing my investigation into your complaint. I am awaiting from our lending centre, answers raised in your recent letter regarding the intrest charged to the loan as a result of having PLI. I am sorry this has delayed me in responding fully to your concerns.

As it is taking us longer than expected to resolve your concern, I am enclosing a leaflet that gives details of the FOS. If you wish you can refer your complaint to them, but I hope you will be prepared to give me a little longer to complete my investigation.

I shall certainly contact you within 2 weeks blah blah blah.

So what should I do now??????:confused: Should a get more militant, reply saying 2 more weeks, or just wait and see?

Hello GT,

How long have they had now to resolve your complaint??? How long did you give them to resolve it. Did you send them the lba and what time limits did you give them. They know that you cannot approach the fos if the loan was taken out before 2004 and also they have not given you a final response.

Write back and tell them that this is not acceptable give them a time limit and threaten court.:-x

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello GT,

How long have they had now to resolve your complaint??? How long did you give them to resolve it. Did you send them the lba and what time limits did you give them. They know that you cannot approach the fos if the loan was taken out before 2004 and also they have not given you a final response.

Write back and tell them that this is not acceptable give them a time limit and threaten court.:-x

In my first letter I gave them 8 weeks to resolve my complaint, which has just passed. I've not sent the lba you sent me yet, I have been awaiting there last responce, would now be the appropriate time?

In my first letter I gave them 8 weeks to resolve my complaint, which has just passed. I've not sent the lba you sent me yet, I have been awaiting there last responce, would now be the appropriate time?

Hello gt,

Yes I do think it would be time for them to get their fingers out. I think they have even exceeded their own guidelines under the banking code.

They are probably far too busy counting their money they have made from mis-selling ppi. Trying to hide it in cupboards or under the floor boards. Or trying to rustle up the money they need to give to me and they are having to save up for yours.:p

I would now send the lba and give them 14days or else.

Ok I'll draught up a letter. I'm a bit worried about this bit:

"I am now sending you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that this time frame is sufficient for a large company such as yours with its dedicated staff and departments. After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of this second deadline."

Do you not think that as I say there will be no communication from me they might think that the matter is resolved? Secondly when I say "I shall issue a claim"... does this mean court?? And if so how do I do that as I'm not expecting them to refund my money?

Thanks a lot for your help and time:)

Ok I'll draught up a letter. I'm a bit worried about this bit:

"I am now sending you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that this time frame is sufficient for a large company such as yours with its dedicated staff and departments. After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of this second deadline."

Do you not think that as I say there will be no communication from me they might think that the matter is resolved? Secondly when I say "I shall issue a claim"... does this mean court?? And if so how do I do that as I'm not expecting them to refund my money?

Thanks a lot for your help and time:)

Hello gt.

What that paragraph is saying is that you are giving them a further 14days and that if they do not respond with a satisfactory offer. You will take them to court. You do not need to take them to court if you are not happy to do so. but they don't know that, do they.

Applying to the court is a relatively easy process if you wish to do this. and help and advise can be given if needed.

Why are you expecting that they will not refund any money, ye of little faith, bet they come up with a good will gesture.

You have to let them know that you are serious in this matter, or they will not respond.

Get the letter sent, it will only cost you the price of recorded delivery and you never know.

Hello gt.

What that paragraph is saying is that you are giving them a further 14days and that if they do not respond with a satisfactory offer. You will take them to court. You do not need to take them to court if you are not happy to do so. but they don't know that, do they.

Applying to the court is a relatively easy process if you wish to do this. and help and advise can be given if needed.

Why are you expecting that they will not refund any money, ye of little faith, bet they come up with a good will gesture.

You have to let them know that you are serious in this matter, or they will not respond.

Get the letter sent, it will only cost you the price of recorded delivery and you never know.

Typing as we speak, perhaps you could run an eye over it before I post it?:)

Typing as we speak, perhaps you could run an eye over it before I post it?:)

No problem:D

• 1 month later...

Well NatWest have settled. After sending an LBA they paid out the full PPI amount and the intrest applied to the PPI but not the statutory 8%. I probably should have pursued it, but I just was happy with £7000 for the cost of a few stamps! Of course they didn't admit any wrongdoing and it was only a gesture of goodwill!!

Thanks to everybody who helped me out, especially hellhasnofury. :)

Well NatWest have settled. After sending an LBA they paid out the full PPI amount and the intrest applied to the PPI but not the statutory 8%. I probably should have pursued it, but I just was happy with £7000 for the cost of a few stamps! Of course they didn't admit any wrongdoing and it was only a gesture of goodwill!!

Thanks to everybody who helped me out, especially hellhasnofury. :)

Hello GT,

This is just the best news. :D I am so very very happy for you. Well done. and yes you should have pushed it that bit further, but hay hoy I would be happy with the £7,000 too.:D

Now have a lovely xmas and spend wisely:p