Nationwide - just starting!

martinwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Subsection 2 also says such fee "as he may require". Therefore, someone like Nationwide who doesn't routinely charge, this would be a problem for them.

I would argue that the duty to act promptly would require them to write to you in a timely manner to request payment. Not blow it off till the last minute then blame you!

Also if the request for the fee is not published somewhere "up front" then this would be even more important.

Martin

Which site?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Special delivery yesterday containing beautifully bound and organised 6 years worth of statements. Highlighter pen at the ready tonight!!

However, like others, I have received the standard reply regarding manual intervention. Should I reply and point out that they have not answered the DPA request that I sent them?

Or should I simply report them to the IC for not answering the question as clearly as possible? Perhaps a better phrase would be evading the question?

Special delivery yesterday containing beautifully bound and organised 6 years worth of statements. Highlighter pen at the ready tonight!!

However, like others, I have received the standard reply regarding manual intervention. Should I reply and point out that they have not answered the DPA request that I sent them?

Or should I simply report them to the IC for not answering the question as clearly as possible? Perhaps a better phrase would be evading the question?

Both.

The IC are quite good - they are not in the banks pockets, and if they feel that Nationwide are deliberatly avoiding the question, they WILL step in.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Have replied to the Data Protection Team giving them seven days to answer the question regarding manual intervention. If they do not respond or provide another letter evading the question I will report them to the IC.

I have also sent preliminary letters to the Manager of the local branch, and also to Charles Bacon.

14 days and counting....... :)

Martin

I went through 6 years worth of statements with two different colour labels (post-its torn into strips). White for where charges had been deducted and green for where the S/O or D/D which they refused to pay was LESS than the penalty. And for where i was charged £15 for unauthorised overdraft for going £2 over my limit on one occasion.

The labels stick out of the top of the binder so I can go straight to the page without having to thumb through.

One month I had 2 D/Ds returned, first was for £4 and the other for £6, and charged £50 for the privilege!

There were more green labels than I was expecting. Around seven or eight as I recall. So not just a one-off oversight!!

And this month I had a DD for £20 returned because they had taken £60 in charges from last month. If the charges had not been taken the DD would have cleared. And again, the DD is for less than the penalty.

reply received this morning from my branch. They are passing it to "our team at Head Office that deal with all matters relating to charges. They will be in touch with you shortly"

Interesting, as the letter they got had on it "Copy to charles bacon," and his full address on it.

M

I just phoned the freephone number 0800302010 and asked for statements for the last six years to be sent out to me and I received them within a week.

I have just calculated the charges of £1578 but am unsure as to what interest I should add. Is it 8% of this amount or does each charge have its own interest amount depending on the lenght of time from the "offence"?

I just phoned the freephone number 0800302010 and asked for statements for the last six years to be sent out to me and I received them within a week.

I have just calculated the charges of £1578 but am unsure as to what interest I should add. Is it 8% of this amount or does each charge have its own interest amount depending on the lenght of time from the "offence"?

Hi,

Please start your own thread for this claim. However, you DO NOT add the 8% until you are completing the court papers.

If you have never been overdrawn except for the charges, then simply add any interest charges on the account. If like me you have been overdrawn (legitimately) then you might want to forget the interest as it'll be a pain to work out. It also comes in handy when they protest "we must be entitled to something for your breaches" and I can say "Yes, I'm letting you keep the interest!!"

Two letters received today from Nationwide.

1) Standard letter "transparent etc can't refund charges".

2) much more interesting letter from Data Protection Team. You might recall that I complained that they had not answered my question re: manual intervention.

The letter still doesn't answer the question. But it does say THIS: (drum roll.....)

"However I can confirm that the following charges are automatically applied to your Flexaccount in response to the described events:

- Interest charge

- Unauth overdraft fee

- Unpaid direct debit fee

- Unpaid cheque Fee

- Unpaid Standing Order Fee

On the credit card, the charges for "late payment" are automatically applied, and the item "an adjustment has been made on your account" will be a manual transaction - normally to contra another transaction on the statement."

As always, let me know if mods want a scan.

M

• Confused 1

Despite receiving the "I am unable to refund any charges" letter, I have received another letter (in response to a complaint I made online) refunding £60 and cancelling another £60 of charges (which presumably have not yet been taken?).

Not sure how I should respond. Say nothing, and simply deduct the amount from my total claim? Or should I respond with "thanks, but I need the full amount and I'll see you in court!"? I didn't see anything about full and final settlement in there but will double check.

M

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1879 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks