Stay information?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few queries about the stays which I cant seem to find on the forum.

I assume the likely outcome of the OFT case will be that bank charges will be set at £5 (for example) for all banks.

- Does this mean that all cases in the system will automatically be fed through and the claimants will get back there total charges minus the difference?

- What about the 8% interest we have been charging them, will this be included?

- And does the 8% continue to be added all the way up until the settlement date?

- What about court fees, will we get those refunded?

I'm really confused over what happens now, I'm not going to apply to have the stay lifted as it doesn't seem likely, and my court is saying that stays will be heard in Winchester Court which is some distance from me. I've lost heart with this now as I had everything inch perfect for my hearing, and the Judge was not remotely interested in us at all and instantly followed Barclays requests. Was a poor show and not willing to pay the courts any more money for their pathetic time!

I assume the likely outcome of the OFT case will be that bank charges will be set at £5 (for example) for all banks.

- Does this mean that all cases in the system will automatically be fed through and the claimants will get back there total charges minus the difference?

Nobody knows what the outcome of the OFT test case will be yet.

- What about the 8% interest we have been charging them, will this be included?

Yes

- And does the 8% continue to be added all the way up until the settlement date?

Yes

- What about court fees, will we get those refunded?

Yes

I'm really confused over what happens now, I'm not going to apply to have the stay lifted as it doesn't seem likely, and my court is saying that stays will be heard in Winchester Court which is some distance from me. I've lost heart with this now as I had everything inch perfect for my hearing, and the Judge was not remotely interested in us at all and instantly followed Barclays requests. Was a poor show and not willing to pay the courts any more money for their pathetic time!

This is a really disheartening time for everybody at the moment, and I totally understand your despondency ballin. However, all we can do at the moment is wait and see what happens. Not much consolation I know, but remember............. their penalty charges are unlawful and you have right on your side here. :)

If you can show genuine financial hardship as well, it may be worthwhile trying to have the stay lifted.

Best of luck and best wishes :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks hedgey, I feel a bit relieved now to hear that the 8% will be included and continue to be added also, I had read that this was not for definate but if it is then its great news as the 8% may balance out the inevitable smaller bank charges we can claim.