Business Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This maybe a stupid question but I was under the impression I can make a claim against the bank for my business account, however, I received a letter from BOS stating

"I would advise that I am declining your request to refund the charges, on the above grounds, and would also like to point out that business customers are not covered within the above act. I am very sorry you have felt the need to complain”.

Is this correct or are they taking the p**s and should I continue with a letter before action?

Any help would be welcome

would also like to point out that business customers are not covered within the above act.

Which Act are they referring to?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I'm 103% sure they are taking the pish.

Quite a few threads on here relate to people claiming charges on their business accounts.

The only potential problem would be if the account belonged to a Limited company, especially one that has been disolved, unless you owned 100% of the shares.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

If you are running as a sole trader account, then you just need to put the claim in as yourself. If it is a limited company, then you (assuming you are director) need to write the letter, as director of the company.

Shouldn't be a problem, I've currently got one going through with the Abbey and they haven't told me I can't do it (just that they won't pay, but nothing new there then!!)

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

• 3 weeks later...