Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm amazed how low they will stoop Macedonian!

DS, I actually went into a branch and told HSBC over the phone several times of my condition. They told me I could consider a further loan (early in the year) or look elsewhere (CAB) for financial advice.

Shock horror - lots of help.

But I'm considering starting this claim with a recap letter and stressing my condition, pointing out their previous offer and so on. I really am trying to figure out which road is best travelled given the time delay of my entire claim!

As I understood, the FOS was also in a state of shutdown on these matters until the test case had concluded! No?

I agree that you should write again to HSBC.

As far as I know the FOS are handling only hardship claims but very slowly. I have been given a case worker but have not yet had any feedback. I still think it is worth in your situation contacting the FOS.... what do you have to loose! at least your claim will be in progress and in the pipeline, whereas now you are not registered for a claim and I think you should be.

I wish you all the best

DS

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to thing of is interest on your claim - anything over 6 year (5 in Scotland) will be statute barred and you won't be able to claim them.

I know the fees are high, but it's worth getting your claim in early to ensure you can claim interest on each claim - if they start dropping off after 6 years, you're falling right in to the trap they Bank have set! I bet they have saved millions already on potential claimants "holding off" to see what happens with the outcome of the TC... Each day they are applying thousands of charges without reproach and they just seem invincible right now! I think the tables will turn when the case is over, though.

The other thing to take in to consideration is the number of stayed cases pending review when the outcome is known - they will be dealing with them in turn, so the sooner you get your claim kicked off, the sooner you'll have your interest/charges back! (This is exactly what I've done with my 2nd Halifax claim, so I'm practising what I'm preaching...)

A mate of mine has 3 cases going through Swindon CC - 1 has been stayed by the judge without a defence being filed, but the other 2 have proceeded thus far to AQ stage (go figure!)

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

Milton Keynes County Court - Credit Card case stayed pending test case...!

NatWest - WON! £3350 Paid back

Vodafone - Default removed

Citicards - Judgement awarded for £1898, default remains though...for now....

Capital One- WON! Settled out of Court £392 + Default Removal!

Morpeth And Berwick County Court are now staying claims.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

A mate of mine has 3 cases going through Swindon CC - 1 has been stayed by the judge without a defence being filed, but the other 2 have proceeded thus far to AQ stage (go figure!)

Scratch that - the 2 at AQ stage have now been stayed on the court's own "initiative" *sigh*

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

• 2 weeks later...

Morpeth County Court are still hearing cases.

But those with confusion surrounding the particulars are being stayed.

With the opportunity for a stay being lifted of course. Spoke to the court guy Friday.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

After seeing through one credit card claim with my local county court and winning just before Christmas I was just about to put in my second credit card application last week and was told that the court is now staying all credit card claims as well. Could anyone please tell me of any County Courts who are not staying credit card claims, and if so is it ok to post my claim forms to a court that is not staying claims?

Thanks.

BankLover_not

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Wendy,

Thanks very much for that. Does anybody know of any other courts that are continuing to hear credit card claims?

Thanks.

BankLover_not

All the county courts should still be hearing claims for crredit card claims against unlawful charges as they are not included in the test case for a "stay". It is apparent there is some confusion and some courts seem to be applying stays to these claims, the test case is for unlawful charges applied to current accounts (bank accounts) so if your credit card charge claim is stayed by your court then you can dispute this. :D

Hi can anyone tell me what the up to date situation is regarding claiming bank charges back? I was in the process when I got the standard letter saying they werent being dealt with untill after court case, but it seems that some people hae proceeded anyway.Is it worth persuing it now or should I wait, I am in a severe financial situation and this is not helping!!

I am in the same position as you, and countless others, I'm afraid.

My case had been stayed until 31 March 2008, but I received a letter yesterday which can be viewed on the RBS page under my ongoing thread.

If anybody can tell me whether I can appeal at this juncture, please let me know how, as I have 5 days remaining from the court deadline stipulated.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know Consett Court are putting claims on Stay...

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

i've had a letter today as nat west are now taking me to court after not repaying my overdraught or using my account, dispite having over 3ks worth of charges over 6 years, hopefully i can counter claim as they've levied charges on top of my overdraught now? i notice northampton are still hearing claims? any one else in a similar situation?

You must enter a denial & state that you are unable to plead a defence & counter claim until the OFT case is concluded as any counter claim by you will include penalty charges which may exceed the claimants sum.

In view of this fact request the court stay the claim after all whats good for the goose etc