Blemain - lies and harassment

Challenging
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it sound like a [problem] but who knows they may be an ofshore company if this is the case then it sounds like moneylaundering,and if that is the case their goes their licence

Hi Patrick, I called the solicitor today and he just called me back, about who Prime business Loans are, hes digging all the paperwork out he sent and recieved from them, he also said he remembered that at the time he thought it was strange as he did'nt think they were part of the same group, and that he wrote to them asking who they were but recieved to reply, I asked him his thoughts on it and he had'nt come across anything like this before and thought it most unusual, ive got a copy of the letter he wrote to them asking if Prime Business Loans, are part of The Lancashire Mortgage Corp, or if they are one and the same group, im realy going to chip away at this one, I believe they overcharged me about £4,000 in ERC..Gc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Midge,

the Address on the letter he wrote asking who Prime business loans are was sent to Blemain at their Manchester Address, Bracken House, im waiting for copies of all other correspondence from the solicitors to try and trace them, but because it was four years ago, they are filed at their Sunderland office so have to be dug out, should get everything I need in about a week..Gc

This is the listings from the post office site for bf's post code

Blemain Finance Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD

Cantor & Co, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD listed as cantor law ltd with law society

Fact Focus Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD cant find anything other than they are listed with companies house as development of real estate and lettings

Harpmanor Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD listed with companies house as financil intermediation but not fsa registered

Jerrold Manufacturing Co Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD not listed anywhere but jerrold holdings is and jerrold mortgage corporation ltd is(not fsa tho)

Kensington Personal Loans, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD listed with companies house at a different address

Monarch Recoveries Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD

Phone A Loan Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD listed with companies house but not fsa

Uk Mortgage Ltd, Bracken House, Charles Street, MANCHESTER, M1 7BD not listed anywhere

well i have posted to the INLAND REVENUE dept money laundering and i am awaiting a reply

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

was wondering you can still trace the cheque as all cheques are photocopied arent they

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Apparently they are expanding their legal and collections depertment due to rapid growth??????

Thanks for all of your support. Nobody turned up after the hearing and when my husband called back, they reluctantly admitted that the eviction had been cancelled.

Search Results - Totaljobs.com

Challenging - wonderful news, you must have been soooo relieved when it got passed 12 noon on Wednesday and you realised you were safe. Having being involved (albeit second hand) in the prevention of an eviction at the same time on the same day, it gives confidence to carry on and give these "thieves" what they deserve. Go get em.......

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

MONEY LAUNDERING ACT

DEAR SIR

JUST RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN READING SOME REPORTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY

Blemain Finance Ltd

Bridging Finance Ltd

Bridgingfinance.co.uk Ltd

Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Ltd

Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Ltd

Monarch Recoveries Ltd

Phone-a-loan Ltd

and not sure wether this is something that urgently needs to be looked at….the letters below discuss a serious trend and I think there is cause for concern especially when you look at the fact that solicitors are involved and is all the transactions/collections legal considering that some of the monies looks like it is being diverted to non exitant companies ?

The recent 'credit crunch' caused by defaulting mortgages in the USA could bring Blemain to its knees. Already, because of this Victoria Mortgages has gone into administration and Kensington have closed their doors to new business.

What lenders like this do is arrange a group of mortgages, lump them together and sell the bundle onto an investor. The mortgage payment interest being shared between both investor and lender. The thing is that because there has been so much defaulting in the US, no investor in their right minds is prepared to put their money in such a high risk investment. This means lenders like Blemain cannot find additional funds to write new loans.

So what will Blemain do? I think they will become more cautious on who they lend to and so write less business - which is good. But I also reckon they'll put up rates because of the increased cost of them getting money - which is bad.

Lets hope this affects them really badly, and also that the government acts and heavily penalises Blemain and others like it for behaving irresponsibly

Thats exactly what it is "dodgy dealings" I actually think they could be a fictitious company as I checked companies house also, my mortgage/secured loan was paid off in 03 and it was only last year when I started looking into BF that my solicitor told me about Prime Business Loans being the Co who he had paid the balance of my loan to, they would not release the deeds so that I could remortgage until the balace was paid and I was ripped off big style with ERC..Gc

Have you thought of asking your solicitor for all the details he has on Prime Business Loans ie. phone no and name of person he dealt with and if he paid the outstanding amount to them he must have bank details as well. If you get these then you could contact the FSA with it all and see what happens.

Never heard of 'Prime Business Loans'. I would check with your solicitor to find out who they are. I have just checked, and there is no company registered with the FSA with this name. You really need to clarify who they are, its likely it is a limited company, perhaps 'Prime Business Loans Ltd' or could be a trading name, like 'John Smith trading as Prime Business Loans'. Either way, I wouldn't be giving money to a company for which I don't even know their trading name! Sounds dodgy.

Lancashire are the arm that does commercial secured loans. That part of the company was on the 4th floor?? and run by a hard-nosed bloke called Marc Goldberg. I never liked him.

I think they did 1st and 2nd charges, so can't help you on yours. Other than point you in direction of the land registry. This is government run. For £3, you can get a copy of your property's title plan and register which will show all charges against it. Its actual name is OS1R, and also referred to as an 'Office Copy'. Land Registry : We guarantee the title to registered land in England and Wales and hold records for land ownership and interests.

Interestingly, and possibly something that the land registry would like to know: when I worked there and did land registry searches as above, we all used the same log-on. The LR rule was that each person who used their system should have their own log-on (at a cost per user). The use of just one log-on ID was simply to save money. Not exactly legal!.

There isn't a massive difference between a secured loan and mortgage. The only reason lenders lend on either basis is that they know the money they lend is safe. However what separates Blemain from say NatWest is that Natwest will repossess the property only as a last resort after having tried to work with you (responsible lending), whereas Blemain are actively eager to get their dirty mitts on YOUR home

my property was registered to be in mortgage to the lancashire mortgage corporation but when I paid it off my solicitor told me that the balance was to be paid to Prime Business Loans, and had I had any dealings with them/were they one and the same company, ive never heard of them and my DD were paid every month to the lanc mort corp, do you know, or have you ever heard of Prime Business Loans? I cant seem to find out anything about them..Gc

Whilst checking on FSA register, the list of authorised companies linked to Jarrold Holdings are:

Blemain Finance Ltd

Bridging Finance Ltd

Bridgingfinance.co.uk Ltd

Cheshire Mortgage Corporation Ltd

Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Ltd

Monarch Recoveries Ltd

Phone-a-loan Ltd

I cannot beleive this is absolutely terrible ,then the ICO are out the window as far as i am concerned ,i think now we really need a judicial reveiw into both ICO directors and also the whole can of worms at the fsa oft ts...it stinks

1. The First Data Protection Act received Royal Assent on 12 July 1984.

2. In September 1984, Eric Howe was appointed Data Protection Registrar, and set up office

with one secretary at Bracken House in Charles Street, Manchester.

not still at bracken street are they

if you notice i cut and pasted some of the information from here just to give the inland revenue a feel for what people think about this bunch of scumbags

I think it necesary to point out that the data comissioner at Bracken House in 1984 would have likely been prior to Blemain/Jarrold taking tenancy/ownership of BH. I think the building was once occupied by the council, so reckon unrelated.

Some government body really needs to crack down on the likes of Blemain. Although this type of lending is less prevalent than in the US (8% compared to 20%) We (The UK) still need to act. The BoE has been funding the finance industry to reduce the effect upon our economy of the current 'credit crunch' - they may as well give a blank cheque to Henry Moser.

so we cant pin sleeze on them the barstewards lol

• 1 year later...
I called Blemain yesterday regarding their failure to provide a breakdown of charges and supply me with their complaints procedure. I spoke to their aggressive and appalling Collections Manager who told my husband that they were going to throw us out of our house next week. We told him that they had to follow the correct legal procedure and that they hadn’t notified us. He told us that they could do what they liked and that he didn’t have to write to us. He told us that they could just turn up and didn’t have to give notice. We told him that the eviction date related tour 1st Mortgage, not them and that this was being deferred and sorted. He told us that we were talking rubbish.

We today visited the bailiff who told us that they didn’t have an eviction date and that it did indeed relate to the first mortgage. He told us that Blemain had called him and asked for us to be evicted next week. He told them that they had to apply for a warrant and wait approximately 4 weeks (they applied to the wrong court). They weren’t happy with this and asked for it to be executed at the same time as the first lender – even he was appalled. He told them not to bother to turn up as they had no jurisdiction. I am so angry at their tactics and will make it my mission to make them pay. The FSA have lodged a complaint about their conduct and unlawful tactics, Trading Standards told me to call the police and the FSA also told me to call the Ombudsman about their behaviour, which I will do tomorrow. I am also going to meet my MP about these bullies and have lodged a complaint with Cheshire Mortgage Corporation

Any advice on their tactics?

i really hope you manage to sort something out with these **** bag bullies i know exactly how you feel.looking at the hundreds of other posts on the net these sharks are basically stealing disgusting amounts of money from people how can they get away with it?ive just had my redemtion statement after dealing with the leeches for over two years and i nearlly had a heart attack.they have their claws in me and it seems there is nothing i can do but pay up and stay broke or lose my home.how do these thieves sleep at night after causing misery to thousands day after day?.

• 1 month later...

Our family has had much grief from this lot too.

We left Blemain (or so we thought) a couple of years back, but have just found out that we had rejoined another member of their financial group (having paid £4000+ to leave them!!!) Now we are in difficulties they have been calling every day to mither us for more money threatening court action. Finally Ive started taking over communications with them as as this was adversly affecting the health of my parents.

They put together a spreadsheet showing we had £1,500 disposable income, there were items in the wrong colums and values which were incorrect. So I made a duplicate of their spreadsheet and put incorrect items and values right, end result instead of the £1500+ we had to spare we were -£8000ish down. They even threw in a phontom monthly figure of £280 after tax, that with my parents being retired!!!

We sent them a printout of these differences, what happened, after a few weeks of no phone calls they called back and said 'sorry we never got it'. When it came to sorting this lot out it took 3 days and about 25 Faxes to the various numbers and addresses above before I got a response from them today. Then it was 'oh, sorry we close at 4.00pm and dont work weekends', thats a load of rubbish - we have been called at 8.30pm at night and over the weekends. They just didnt like the information they were seeing and even said we should use £377 pound we were paying someone else to pay them!

Theyre poor at managing information and fast on the harrassment routines. Now Ive got on top of this theyre getting information faxed to loads of their offices and emails by the bucketload (just to make sure no more documents get lost!!!) as they have recently been claiming. but still come back on the phone sayng we want more money, also saying if we cant manage we should put the house on the market!!!!!!

This lot are getting the full mortgage and as much extra as we can afford to pay off the arrears (compared to some and arrears of £1500+ is small).

Ive compiled some Information below - the usual phones,fax,emails (Thanks for the posts it was a good start to it). As they seem eager to use 0844 numbers, which are costly on my broadband freephone, I thought the 0161 numbers would be as usefull to you as they are me. Damned if im paying for a complete Broadband setup which gives me free phone calls - just to have this lot make me pay through the nose.

I will edit as If I get more information that could be used to identify their other branches. Good luck with this lot.

Blemain Finance Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 1185052

P: 0161-276-2415

Following Numbers From Blemain Group PLC Website

New Enquiries & In-principle Decisions Team

call: 0844 873 4120

fax: 0844 873 4121

email: applications@blemainfinance.co.uk

Packager "Speak With" Team

call: 0844 873 4129

fax: 0844 873 4137

email: speakwithteam@blemainfinance.co.uk

Processing Team

call: 0844 873 4178

fax: 0844 873 4179

email: processingteam@cheshiremortgage.co.uk

Processing Team

call: 0844 873 4153

fax: 0844 873 4154

email: processingteam@lancashiremortgage.co.uk

Packager Processing Team

call: 0844 873 4127

fax: 0844 873 4128

email: packagingteam@blemainfinance.co.uk

Non-packager Referral Team

call: 0844 873 4125

fax: 0844 873 4126

email: nonpackagingteam@blemainfinance.co.uk

Monarch Recoveries Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Formerley Marplace (Number 104) Ltd 1984

Companies House Reg. No.: 1959967

P: 0161 273 7373

F: 0161 276 2410

Lancashire Mortgage Corporation Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 2058813

P: 0161 276 2488

F: 0161 276 2468

P: 0161 276 2474

P: 0161 276 2476

F: 0161 276 2477

P: 0844 873 4150

F: 0844 873 4151 - Working

email: applications@lancashiremortgage.co.uk

Cheshire Mortgage Corporation, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 2613335

email: applications@cheshiremortgage.co.uk

P: 0844 873 4180 (New) - 0844 873 4178 (Processing)

F: 0844 873 4181 (New) - Working

Jerrold Holdings Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 2939389

F:

Jerrold Mortgage Corporation Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 0521009

F:

Harpmanor Ltd. 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 1954109

F:

Privileged Estates Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Dissolved?)

Companies House Reg. No.: 3107289

F:

Privileged Estates (Northern) Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Dissolved?)

Companies House Reg. No.: 3112042

F:

Bridging Finance Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.: 3166982

P: 0845 330 1079

F: 0845 337 5801

P: 0161 276 2495

F: 0161 276 2465

Auction finance Ltd, 6TH Floor, Bracken House (Active)

Companies House Reg. No.:

P: 0844 873 4220

F: 0844 873 4221

Other Companies atsame address (note the phone numbers):

6TH FLOOR BRACKEN HOUSE

CHARLES STREET

MANCHESTER

M1 7BD

Edgworth Developments Ltd.

Proactive Bridging Ltd. - Companies house Reg. No. 03174903

General Allied Properties Ltd.

P: 0161-273-7373

Fact Focus Ltd

P: 0161-273-7373

Edited by ChargeBiter
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear this. Blemain prey on the vulnerable; it's sickening. As soon as they realise someone knows their rights they back off slightly... Here below is a telephone harassment letter which you could use though I would send it recorded/special delivery, as B are famous for saying they haven't received letters...

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Retrieved from "http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Harassment_by_telephone"