• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

**WON** Defence threw out due to non compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received my 6 years worth of statements from Barclays and promptly sent off my prelim letter asking for my cash back plus interest. I sent it on 30th April by registered post to the head office, Churchill place, and have today received a reply from 'retail banking customer relations' in Leicester saying they are 'sorry I am unhappy, and a member of the team will contact me as soon as possible. They then go on to say they will endeavor to respond within four weeks but it may take eight weeks!!

Now, of course I have no intention of waiting that long and have already prepared my second letter. I am slightly confused though, do I send it after the 14 days (working days?) after my initial letter of the 30th April or fourteen days their letter dated 8th May?' Also, should I send it again to the head office in London or to the guy at customer relations in Leicester.

I am also expecting them to charge me referral fees totalling £90 in the next few days as I am slighly overdrawn now. can I add these to the list and send the revised list with my letter?

many thanks in advance....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Aude.

The usual letters of procrastination.

Stick firmly to your own timetable, not theirs......and i's 14 days, not 14 working days.

Send your letters to head office.

Any additional charges can be added to ytour schedule, but you must print out a new copy, marked clearly, AMENDED SCHEDULE and date it.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Many thanks. I am about to send the 2nd letter off as the initial 14 days are up on Monday. Do I then have to wait another 14 days before making a claim? (I have already registered on the moneyclaim website and am ready to proceed!

Hi Aude, and welcome!

if this second letter is your LBA (letter before action) then yes, wait 14 days as the letter says. You must stick EXACTLY to the timescale YOU lay down, otherwise you may give them an excuse to wriggle off the hook.

If you haven't gone through the examples in the faq section, now would be a good time to do it. Look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html for just about every answer you'll need....

;)

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my LBA letter to Barclays on the 14th May giving them a further 14 days to respond. (They received it at Churchill Place on the 15th). The only thing I have got from them is a letter charging me a further £30 for going £10 over my overdraft limit!!

question is this...do I sent the moneyclaim form (which I have already prepared online) on the 14th day from the date of my letter (that will be tomorrow which is a bank holiday?) or wait until Tuesday's post has arrived?

Many thanks to all in advance.:)

Hi again,

I never received a reply to my LBA so have proceeded with my moneyclaim online filed 27/5 and today I see it has been updated as 'issued'.

Question...do I wait 14 days exactly form the day I filed it or is it 14 days from date of issue i.e today

Thanks

Hi,

Up until now everthing has gone according to plan..

I sent my LFA letter and didn't hear within the 14 days so I filed my moneyclaim online which was issued yesterday (30th). However, my daughter just called to tell me that a letter offering me a partial amount of 2,330 has just arrived through the letter box (1.400 less than they owe me).

What should I do now? should I send them a letter saying, 'sorry too late, I've already started proceedings but I accept the amount as a partial settlement in the meantime, or ,pretend I never received it in the post and ask for judgment to be passed if I hear nothing within the 14 days?

I have searched around in the forum for similar but can't find...apologies:confused:

should I send them a letter saying, 'sorry too late, I've already started proceedings but I accept the amount as a partial settlement in the meantime
After reading around this seems like the preferred action - that you will accept their offer as partial settlement of your claim, but you will continue with the claim until they have settled to your complete satisfaction.

It seems that you also need to let them know that the claim is now also accumulating interest at 8%, as well as having your court costs added on top.

Good luck.

Hi

forgot to add,

The letter came from customer sevices at Barclays and says they are offering me the money as a 'goodwill gesture' and that it is a 'full and final settlement' and I am to sign and return the form for them to credit my account. Do I send the template letter (no 6)? the one that says something along the lines of I reject your offer and you may not be aware I've started court proceedings etc but you can pay me the full amount and I'll tell the court I've settled?

can you please tell me which letter as no.5 seems the obvious one but there is no reference to accepting partial payment and the letter they sent does state the offer they are prepared to make is final. oh dear... i'm getting into a right state with this, I just want to get the message right before I send it! please tell me what to write before I have a dizzy spell:eek:

Letter 5 is the closest, just add in or take out the relevent parts, remember these are only templated to give you an idea of what to say, doesnt have to be word perfect.

when you have completed your letter, PM it to me and i will check it over for you ok

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Many thanks for all your help so far, I have just typed my letter rejecting their partial offer but I wanted to ask this..When I sent off my initial letters to Barclays I listed, alongside the charges, all the statutory interest (I did this using the calculator on the money saving expert website). I understand from reading threads here that I shouldn't have done that initially but waited until I got to the the moneyclaim bit? will it make any difference to my case? and also, I cannot update the interest now either having used that method and not the spreadsheets here. my claim has now been issued and The 14 day deadline expires on 18/6.

I have just spent a good hour retyping the charges I did with Martin Lewis's calculator onto the excel simple spreadsheet but how do I calculate the charges and interest when I need to? I thought it would total it up automatically like the other one.....HELP:confused:

After filing my claim online I received a partial offer from Barclays which I rejected. My claim was issued on 30th May and the 14 days are up on Monday 18th. I have just called customer services at Barclays to check if they received my letter rejecting their offer as I couldn't get confirmation that it had been received on 'track and trace'. It has been received and the girl I spoke to confirmed it as being their 'full and final offer' and told me "it's now up to you what you do next"!.

After reading other threads, I understand that I should be sending A copy of the charges I'm claiming to MCOL along with a covering letter?

Do I send the charges only? or do I send it with the interest added and if so, do I update the interest now as it is obviously a different amount from my original one done on the moneysavingexpert site. I tried typing it all out again using the simple Excel link here but it didn't add the charges up so I need to redo that first:oops:

Aude theres no need to start a new thread for every question that you have. Its a lot harder for full answers to be given if nobody knows what you have done prior.Try to stick to 1 thread (Bookmark your thread as you would any website) you now have 4 threads on this forum

Many thanks so far...

Have just looked on MCOL and Barclays have acknowledged today. I have just updated my SOC and was about to send them off to MCOL and Barclays. Do I now send the update to Barclays litigation team at Churchill Place? Also, is there anything more I should be doing at this stage? I have already printed off the bundles x 3 in preparation.