Stay removal costs, recoverable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the £35 cost can be added to the court fees when making a claim? I will be starting my second court claim against Natwest on Wednesday, I have fees back up to February this year so the wait for a test case wont affect what I can claim for but I am hoping to have the stay removed due to financial hardship. I would assume I will ba able to add the £35 to my claim if I need to apply for the removal of a stay but have not found the subject mentioned on the forum.

Hi rhig

I've been trying to find out about this over in the A&L section but haven't found anyone who can answer so far. Also, I had my N244 returned by the court yesterday saying the fee is £65 not £35 so it's even more important to know if I'm throwing my money away for good on this.

Anyone over here know the score? :)

MB

As far as I'm aware, the costs for submitting an N244 are non-returnable - but please check with the appropriate court. If you need to pay £65 as opposed to £35, this is generally due to a 'hearing' being held to discuss the amendment.

HTH - best of luck to both of you :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I am new to posting but have been following progress / advice all year....

When I submitted my N1 POC I also submitted an EX160 to claim for exemption or deferment of court charges.

Then when submitting AQ was asked by the court (Sheffield) to fill in a separate EX160 to go with it (as they don't 'carry over' the exemption/deferment for subsequent sumissions).

I'm now about to hand in my request to set aside the stay (imposed by court on their own initiative) on form N244 and have completed yet another EX160 in case it is needed.

(You can get the EX160 off the court-service website, or direct from the court)

Hope this helps someone.....