Failing brakes on a new Seat Ibiza sport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a new Seat Ibiza Sport on 12th March 2006. On Friday 16th June 2006 the brakes failed, luckily I was hardly moving, as was just adjusting my parking space at work to let someone out...was able to stop using the handbrake when I realised what was happening.

I work for the Council, so consulted with a friend in Trading Standards and discovered I can claim a full refund or a new replacement vehicle, rather than have the thing repaired. I wouldn't have gone that far, but the dealership won't let me have a courtesy car, claiming all courtesy cars and all demo cars are out - therefore they cannot supply as none are available. This incensed me, along with the fact that they refused to even look at my car until tomorrow morning.

Hence I have, today, sent a fax to the dealership telling them of my intentions of demanding a replacement vehicle or full cash refund (paid cash). My hubby is sending the same letter by recorded delivery to them tomorrow. I am advised to give them 14 days in which to comply and that I need to stand my ground, as they will try and get out of replacing or refunding.

Watch this space....8)

Capital One - SETTLED IN FULL £670.00 - 27.07.06

:D

Halifax Bank - SETTLED IN FULL £307.00 - 04.08.06

:wink:

Medinland

Data Protection Act letter sent 20.06.06

Moneyclaim started 24.07.06 (£735)

Defence submitted 02.08.06

My response submitted 07.08.06

Their response submitted 10.08.06

Hearing date: 19.12.06 watch this space!

I WON!!!

:rolleyes:

Best of luck, i used to have a seat ibiza cupra, it was my pride and joy! i miss her dreadfully:(

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Have a look here for information relating to the laws you will need to quote at them in order to succeed. They WILL try to squirm... all you have to do is say that you have completely lost confidence in the safety of the individual vehicle and that you're no longer prepared to accept that it is fit for it's purpose...

DO NOT DRIVE IT

Because (a) you're on a sticky wicket with your claim if you do, and (b) the bloody thing might fail again.

If necessary have them arrange to collect it.

Yes, as Tom says - don't drive the damn thing. Drive it onto their forecourt and get somebody to sign for the keys... You've then returned the "faulty goods" and they'll be struggling to make you take it back unless you want to.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

take it on a trailer or get them to fetch it.

yeah, that's what I meant to say.... (curses!)

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Thanks for all that guys! I have been in intense conversation with the manager at the dealership where I bought it, in Harrogate - and he is trying to get me to compromise by offering compensation in kind - eg; 100% inspection with written report, added extras, servicing, valeting etc. I got a call from the Doncaster dealership at lunch time to say it was fixed now - apparently a valve to the front manifold had been loose....I was assured the brakes would have worked if I persisted....I tried three times and they still didn't apply...just lucky I was in the car park, not on the motorway, eh?

Anyway - I am in deep thought about it all and will advise what the outcome is! I work for the local authority, so have a friend in Trading Standards, who has given me some great advice and cheered me on. Nothing tops this site though....and I have colleagues queueing up for this site's addrress! don't worry, I've passed it on and asked them to register, along with Martin's site.

Thanks again x

Medinland

I WON!!!

I have agreed to some compensatory measures - they have dropped me a courtesy car (their insurance) today and have taken mine back to Harrogate - they are going to give it a 100% technical and mechanical once over and provide me with a written report. I do not intend to drive it until I know it is in pristeen condition.

They have also agreed to most of my other terms and conditions, and as they are a very nice team of people, I think I can trust them. I know I still have the option of going down the legal route, as I still haven't accepted the car - so until I see that report, I'll be doing nothing further.

Will let you know where I go from here.

By the way - Stoneacre's of Doncaster...stay clear. The reason I went to Harrogate in the first place was because of their condescening attitude towards me (love, sweetheart, darling etc - just because I'm female, doesn't mean I'm stupid) - anyway, I had to go there today to collect my belongings from my car before the guy took it back to Harrogate - three of them in the service department and none acknowledged me as I walked in. I had to get their attention by asking "Is anyone going to speak to me?!"....then they had the nerve to ask me to sign a blank form which should have had all the car's details on and what they had done to it since they took it in on Friday afternoon.......of course I refused to do so and made sure they filled it in correctly before I signed...as I said to the guy - I'll sign that if you sign me one of your blank cheques. Needless to say he promptly filled in the form.;-)

Medinland

I WON!!!

I have agreed to some compensatory measures - they have dropped me a courtesy car (their insurance) today and have taken mine back to Harrogate - they are going to give it a 100% technical and mechanical once over and provide me with a written report. I do not intend to drive it until I know it is in pristeen condition.

They have also agreed to most of my other terms and conditions, and as they are a very nice team of people, I think I can trust them. I know I still have the option of going down the legal route, as I still haven't accepted the car - so until I see that report, I'll be doing nothing further.

Will let you know where I go from here.

By the way - Stoneacre's of Doncaster...stay clear. The reason I went to Harrogate in the first place was because of their condescening attitude towards me (love, sweetheart, darling etc - just because I'm female, doesn't mean I'm stupid) - anyway, I had to go there today to collect my belongings from my car before the guy took it back to Harrogate - three of them in the service department and none acknowledged me as I walked in. I had to get their attention by asking "Is anyone going to speak to me?!"....then they had the nerve to ask me to sign a blank form which should have had all the car's details on and what they had done to it since they took it in on Friday afternoon.......of course I refused to do so and made sure they filled it in correctly before I signed...as I said to the guy - I'll sign that if you sign me one of your blank cheques. Needless to say he promptly filled in the form.;-)

Medinland

I WON!!!

• 1 month later...

Settled for compensation: Cd changer, 3 yrs free servicing, AA cover 3 yrs, full internal/external valet, full tank of fuel, guaranteed courtesy car for servicing/repairs, option to return the vehicle for full refund or replacement (new) car if anything else goes wrong within 6 months of purchase. I don't mind compromising when peeps are genuinely humble - and the staff and management at Harrogate were great - it's the Doncaster branch that need their asses kicked for poor customer service. However, I did report them to Seat UK and told HQ about them asking me to sign a blank warranty sheet too...let's hope they get their comeuppance.

Medinland

I WON!!!

Well done kirky!!!! see what persistence can do? you show 'em girl

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Just had my daughter down to get me to type up her DPA letters for Halifax and Yorks bank for her and her hubby - more to come....this is the greatest site ever...as soon as my refunds come in from the banks, there's a donation coming

Medinland

I WON!!!