Lloyds reclaiming at Cardiff County Court say everything now stayed?

emma81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We sent a letter a few weeks back to Lloyds to get a copy of the statements on my partners account it was the standard letter with the £10 cheque but we forgot to put the cheque in oops.........anyway we recieved a letter back from Lloyds today this us there response.....

Dear Mr XYR

We refer to your letter dated 15 June 2007.

Statements were sent to you on a regular basis, whilst your account was still open and any interest and charges were added correctly in accordance wiht Banks' Terms and Conditions. We are, therefore, not prepared to re-request statements free of charge, as any dispute should have been lodged and resolved at that time. (all we have done is ask for statements how do they know that we are going to be claiming back charges they are just assuming and i love the way they get all defensive).

A fee of £10 per statement, up to a maximum of £40, will be charged for any duplicate statements required. Upon reciept of the appropriate fee and the dates of statements require, we will action your request.

Please feel free to contact us...blah blah blah.....

Are they allowed to charge this amount of money for duplicates, i know it was our fault in forgetting the cheque but £10 per statement, we are not sure what to do next now as thats allot of money for pieces of paper, please can anyone help?????

:confused:

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)

• 4 weeks later...

HI All

I have just spoken with the Cardiff Civil Justic Centre, staff have been advised by the judge that all claims will now be Stayed until the result of the OFT test Case is known.

I was in my final 14 days of a three and a half month wait! to say I am gutted for my mother is an understatement. :(

I just wanted to confirm on here what I was told by the court as i had read on this site it was down to the individual court whether claims were heard.

Hi emma81,

I was due in Cardiff on the 14th too. I've just phoned them too for clarification and they have confirmed that it will be the same for everyone until after the high court ruling. It is gutting, I was claiming for just over £1,000. Never mind if the high court rule in our favour maybe we would need to go down the court route at all. Here's hoping anyway!

oh no,this is bad news, ive been waiting since last november to get this settled,so i know how you're feeling.i wonder if we are in a position to oppose the stay? how come the banks are able to suspend all reclaim cases but the charges are allowed to carry on regaurdless. surely if there is a dispute over this whole situation(unfair charges) then the charges should be suspended too.MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.....:mad:

Hi all.... what you have been told by the courts is misleading. The court CANNOT order stays on every case...The MAster of the Rolls ( about number 3 in the court hierarchy in this country) refused to allow a blanket Stay on bank charges claims, but instructed judges to decide on a CASE BY CASE basis - this means Cardiff MUST consider your case individually... so the battle continues...and you will not have to just sit back and wait...send a letter of application for the removal of a stay, (should be £35, but apparently this has beeen waived by Cardiff) Check the link on the site here....and DONT GIVE UP

Can someone clarify something for me...

I requested a SAR for an account I had with lloyds they have replied returning my cheque for £10 advising the account was closed in March 2001 they no longer have access to this information and therefore cannot provide the statements requested.

Is this correct? Do they only have to keep them 6years?

• dx100uk changed the title to Lloyds reclaiming at Cardiff County Court say everything now stayed?