Student Loans Company

Falkirk1298
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the link, ive read through quite a few of them already but had'nt really come across and answer to fit my needs ie the slc being passed on then taken back and so before i replied to the slc's demands i thought it best to seek advice.ta anyway

Lewis Group, my understanding is that they are private investigators instructed by SLC?? does anyone know any more about them??

received reply from SLC today saying that they have passed my file on to the above and will be copy of agreement will follow. I have drafted a response to them. I am not happy they have done this since they have ignored all my correspondence in the past. someone has indicated which body or organisation I need to report them to, does anyone know who regulated them?? do we complain to MP or DoE?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Maybelline, sorry can't answer those questions. I'm without home internet, so I'm not here much.

Noomil, SLC are bound by CCa for pre-97 loans, i think it is. If it comes out of your pay, they're not bound, if it comes from your bank, they're bound. A sneaky law change, I think when someone did something to them in 1996.

I've sent Data Protection Act, and it's due tomorrow. Apparently.

Keep you posted.

and koko, no worries. Just when you get time.

BoS:- D P A sent 09/06 Prelim. request 29/06 £1755 plus interest

1st claim Filed 5/10/06 SETTLED 19/10 £747.80 plus £534.31 interest

hello Givitback and thanks for your reply, I have rec'd copy agreements, clearly state regulated Consumer Credit Agreement, some are properly executed, some not, I have written to SLC to inform them again of previous and current circumstances:)

I would certainly send copies of your correspondance to your mp

It seems like we have quite similar circumstances in that we both came upon hard times, contacted the SLC, then heard nothing more until they started threatening court action to recover losses, etc. I also have every intention of paying my loan back over time... but absolutely no intention of paying these arrears they say have accrued. And am happy to go to court.

What irates me is that if they had sent me the deferment forms I could have defered no problem - and I also can 100% prove my income was minimal during the time for which they are claiming arrears.

They have a 3 pronged complaints procedure...ie if your complaint doesnt work the first time, there are 2 more avenues to follow and then you can complain to an independent assessor.

What I would suggest is making your complaint / points in a nice letter asking them to sort out your situation as it is causing you significant stress.

Copy your local MP into the letter and also write them a letter outlining your problems with the SLC. This system was set up to try and help students, not to cause them distress in later life so it is certainly worth sending to your MP.

You can also then add 'copy sent to the right honourable .... MP' on the bottom of you letter which will let the SLC know you are taking it all seriously.

• 1 month later...

Just adding my vote to get a new "subsection" for the Student Loans Company.

I've started my own thread, as I'm going after the charges I've had over the past few years, plus trying to get my loan written off on the grounds I'm unable to work due to disability (a fact that is in their rules, but they failed to tell me and are now ignoring!)

Good luck to everyone who has to deal with these leeches.

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

Just adding my vote to get a new "subsection" for the Student Loans Company.

/raises hand. Aye! Another vote for a SLC sub-section.

Best wishes

Livity (it's better than "free-dumb")

And from me! Having nightmares with SLC / HSL and PDRS!!!

15/2/07 Lloyds TSB number 1 account settled in full :D

20/2/07 5% donation to site :) thanks guys!!

My advice or opinion is offered in good faith but without prejudice or liability. It should not be considered as legal advice. If in doubt, seek advice from a qualified legal professional.

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure" - Marianne Williamson

Hi Noomill,

I am about to file with MCOL too but am not sure of the correct address for them - which one did you use ?

Thanks.

Barclays -

* S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) hand delivered 27/10/06

* Statements Received 1/11/06

* Pre Lim letter hand delivered 2/11/06

* MCOL Filed, Acknowledged & Defended

* N149 Submitted 24/01/07 (Due 26/01/07)

* ???? Still awaiting court date !

Halifax -

* £105.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Barclaycard -

* £60.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Ha ha ha - exactly !

Speedy reply - thank you ! I am gonna submit my claim tomorrow now. Good luck with yours.

Barclays -

* S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) hand delivered 27/10/06

* Statements Received 1/11/06

* Pre Lim letter hand delivered 2/11/06

* MCOL Filed, Acknowledged & Defended

* N149 Submitted 24/01/07 (Due 26/01/07)

* ???? Still awaiting court date !

Halifax -

* £105.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Barclaycard -

* £60.00 Settled in Full after LBA

I'm awaiting a response to a complaint of fraud, from the chief exec of the SLC, and next weeks I'll be starting a mcol against them for charges.

I vote for a SLC sub-section!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm awaiting a response to a complaint of fraud, from the chief exec of the SLC, and next weeks I'll be starting a mcol against them for charges.

I vote for a SLC sub-section!

Emma, how did you get to this stage? Did you write to the CEO directly, or did you go thru' the courts?

Best wishes

Me too!

Just filed against SLC in small claims.

Very best of luck! When you get your money repaid, don't forget to complain to your MP (ask him/her to "raise the matter with the relevant minister" too) - these clowns are wasting taxpayers' money trying to get away with this [problem].

And if the SLC employed dishonesty to get any of the charges out of you - a letter to your local police force's chief constable alleging a "crime of dishonesty" wouldn't hurt.

Best wishes

I received a response for my complaints which, in usual SLC style, treats me and my concerns with contempt.

From what they have said regarding charges, they say they have consulted the OFT "who have confirmed their agreement to our approach".

I don't think that means much regarding the amounts they are charging somehow!

Regarding the suspected fraud, they haven't even bothered to investigate, and are just fobbing me off. I can't see this stopping me.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I received a response for my complaints which, in usual SLC style, treats me and my concerns with contempt.

From what they have said regarding charges, they say they have consulted the OFT "who have confirmed their agreement to our approach".

They've told me that, too. I'd previously complained to the OFT, and the OFT didn't give me the impression that they'd OKd the SLC's charging [problem]. You might want to check other threads for how to complain to the OFT "properly" - eg. I think that if you state that you feel the SLC are breaching the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts regs then the OFT is obliged to treat your complaint seriously. Ask the OFT whether the SLC is telling porkies.

I've also been told that the Department of [sic] Education and Skills gave the greenlight to the [problem], and if civil servants say something's legal it must be! I'm currently following this claim up with my MP.

Best wishes