News Regarding Banks Procedure Now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Precisely Money - this ruling is restricted to Bank Charges only. :bangs head against wall: :lol:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completly stupid, I don't have an overdraft but have direct debits coming out of my account and when there has been no money in my account they have charged me are they classed as overdraft charges????????????

If you don't have an overdraft then you can't exceed it Cheryl. And that doesn't make you 'completely stupid' ;) Still good point - maybe I should modify what I said to just 'bank charges', because if you've had those then you're affected by this.

What I was getting at was that it has nothing to do with Consumer Credit Act or Credit card cases, as Moneyhelp helpfully mentioned!

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

All the information you need can be found on this site somewhere.

Here's a start http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/107582-oft-test-case-what.html

Dusary has also posted good information on where we all stand regarding all this.

I think everyone now needs to chill and wait for further information from the MODS. The information we have all been given numerous times, is continue with our claims unless we hear different, or the courts instruct us differently.

We are all stressed over this, but lets stay calm and focus on the job at hand.

Just my 2 cents worth :D

Cheryl

If you have had bank charges levied than you're affected. I'm afraid I may have added to your confusion when I mentioned the test case relating to 'overdraft charges' only. I should have been more precise in my language and have corrected my post to clarify. Apologies.

Write to your MP and

couldnt agree with you more ssl come on pepes concentrate on your claims the banks must be having a field day with this dont let them just carry on with your claims and timescales show them we wont give up

Hi

I was going to send my preliminary letter off today!!! But... if everything is suspended I will look really foolish sendingthe letter as I am giving deadlines for response, etc. Earlier on this thread it says that we should still lodge our complaint but how do we word the letter now????

Giddy

Giddygran

Stick to your timetable. Don't change anything.

Write to your MP and

This whole thing's really ****ing me off. Looks like the OFT stepping in to fight the good fight for the customers is actually screwing us, but I'm not really in the mood for irony.

I turned down a 75% offer yesterday morning, and now it's gonna take forever to get less.

Halifax Current Account

Claim is £2,593

LBA sent 2nd July 2007

Apologies if this sounds a bit daft,but if the banks win their case,how can they justify paying out to some and not to others .Don,t get me wrong,good luck to those who have recieved payouts.My case now on hold.But if the decision comes back that the banks have acted fairly,and won,t pay out any more.Are they discriminating against some of their customers

Not daft at all mixman - perfectly legitimate thought. I'm not an expert on the law, but there's clearly a moral injustice in that scenario if not a legal one. This whole twist in the saga throws up some really interesting questions.

For instance in my case I'm considering taking action to force compliance so that I can actually commence my case against the Halifax.

They are almost four months out of compliance in providing statements and data for a claim which goes back further than six years (I am missing some statements from both periods). Let's say that the test case (and I'm just hypothesising here!) goes against us - I reckon I could argue that the only reason I lost out was because of HFX's non-compliance and negligence in the first place; otherwise I'd have probably settled long ago by now. Not sure where that would place me legally, but it certainly makes an interesting food for thought, no? ;)

Write to your MP and

:mad: hi everyone i have asked for over six years worth off statments from halifax, havn,t recieved them yet they have to comply by 10/8/07 can i still carry on with this? also can i stil start sar and lba and start court? but then will they stay court proceedings until decision :rolleyes: i,m really mad started in febuary with a claim company sacked them a month or so ago and started myself.If i had started on my own then this would of been payed out by now:x

Yes you can do all that.

All claims should continue as usual.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Same goes for me really MacBoy. I wrote requesting statements at the begining of April.Did everything as per instructions on this excellent site.Sent all letters via recorded delivery,and got nothing until i got the standard letter arrive one day telling me that the charges were fair,that came in June.I then got the Financial Ombudsman involved who i sent all documentation i had to them.again the FO have been great,they sent me a letter 2 weeks ago telling me they had written to the Halifax to explain how they had come about their decision,and that i wanted a full refund of my charges plus interest.So now i just have to wait and see what happens,while the Halifax quite merrily carry on putting charges on my account.

I think it is a travesty that they can continue to charge people during this period- it should work both ways!

I will be filing my claim in court in the next week.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I filed N1 Fri 13th July and it was deemed served 20th. Halifax have until 3rd Aug to respond and if they decide to defend they have until 17th Aug. Does this still stand or is it now out the window? I am relying on this money as had to borrow the £250 to file N1 so cannot afford to be kicked out

28-05-2007--Received Schedule of Charges.

03-06-2007--Prelim sent.

12-06-2007--Reply - Thanks but charges lawful!

19-06-2007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

NOTHING RECEIVED AFTER 14 DAYS

05-07-2007--Phoned Halifax to discuss account. Still standing by charges.

13-07-2007--Filed N1 in Hull Court :wink:

20-07-2007--Halifax deemed served.

25-07-2007--Received offer £280 as Full and Final settlement.

27-07-2007--Sent rejection letter recorded delivery

03-08-2007--Rang Hull Court, nothing received from Halifax

04-08-2007--Sent Pre Judgement letter.

10-08-2007--Defence received from Halifax

13-08-2007--Judgement Request sent

24-08-2007--Claim stayed at Hull Court

31-08-2007--Applied for stay to be lifted

12-10-2007--Hearing for removal of stay on 31/10

31-10-2007--Removal of Stay struck out