~~## New template POCs available##~~

zootscoot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The new template POCs drafted by a QC are now available for the following banks:

Abbey

Alliance & Leicester

Barclays

HSBC

Lloyds

Yorkshire

Please note these may be subject to changes and updates in the future.

POCs for other banks will be available shortly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

zootscoot

Thanks for this. Is it conceivable you might, as and when you have a moment, provide us with a brief rationale for these new particulars of claim?

Speaking as someone who's done a lot of reading and tried to keep abreast of all the issues, it's a little disconcerting to suddenly encounter some new POC.

Of course, I don't doubt for one minute that CAG wouldn't be advocating them if they weren't an improvement on what went before. Be that as it may, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it if you - or one of your colleagues - could provide us with a brief resume of how they're different and why.

Thanks in anticipation

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

The new template POCs were produced by a QC in preparation for the recent strike out hearings in Hull.

After taking advice following the defeat in Berwick v Lloyds and the subsequent action of the court in Hull threatening to strike out claims we decided that it would be best to have POCs specific to each bank. The old POCs served their purpose and helped many successfully recover their charges, however, we felt that in light of recent events and more and more judges getting pedantic about POCs that a change was needed.

These differ from the old POCs in that they include reference to the actual T & Cs of each bank (a reason for the defeat in Berwick) and also they are more in depth and professionally written.

The judge in Hull was most impressed with them and commented how they would narrow down the issues of contention making any hearing run more smoothly.

Thanks. All your endeavours are much appreciated.

Can I just clarify, these new POCs have nothing whatsoever to do with yesterday's announcement of a test case - as I had mistakenly assumed - and the timing is mere coincidence?!

Thanks again

Fred_Funk

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08