charleyfarley v Cap1 ***WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After much delay, and enjoyment elsewhere, I've sat down today and completed my first N1..............£1297 including fees.

2nd one is ready to go................£1600 or so including fees

that makes about three grand by my maths, which will be very handy indeed:D :D;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you used MCOL Charley for this claim?

DD...............I'm strictly an N1 man myself.....you can include your schedule of charges with it, there's plenty of room on it to write , and it's a very satisfying moment when you take it down to Court and get it stamped as you hand over your fee...........it's a very official looking document, and it feels great

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Plus, MCOL tend to stay claims, whereas N1s for credit cards are still going through. And the satisfaction element is brill. (but not quite as good as chocolate. lol)And 3k is a lot of chocolate bars Charley:D

So, Wendy................. how would you spend it? 6000 mars bars? or 2500 Fruit and Nut? or 3000 toblerone bars? or are you more of a Green & Blacks type of choccy eater?:p :p

Notice of Issue received. Deemed served 3rd April,defendant has until 17th April to reply.:D :D

So that means they will reply on the 18th :rolleyes:

saying......"tough,clear off, you can take what we've offered and not a penny more"

and I'll reply saying "go forth and multiply, give it me all"

and they will;)

Hiya mate,

Im virtually in the exact same position as u give or take a day. Cap 1 have until the 15th to reply for me!! Im getting really nervous! Ill let u know as soon as i hear anything!!

Helen

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

well, i've just received Acknowledgement of Service dated 8th April......so that's a quick response. 28 days from 3rd for them to file a defence........which makes it 1st May.

Shall I try and read to much into it why they responded so quickly? :confused: Shall I wonder if I'm going to have to go all the way to court and defend my case?:eek:

Nope, don't think so;)

Hiya mate,

Im virtually in the exact same position as u give or take a day. Cap 1 have until the 15th to reply for me!! Im getting really nervous! Ill let u know as soon as i hear anything!!

Helen

HW........i'd be very interested to see what Cap1 do, and whether their timescales differ

I wonder why i haven't got an acknowledgement of claim yet?? When i received the court papers i wasn't meant to do anything was i?

Halifax -

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I wonder why i haven't got an acknowledgement of claim yet?? When i received the court papers i wasn't meant to do anything was i?

no..................the first piece of paper you should receive from the Court is the Notice of Issue a couple of days after you send in your N1. This says Cap1 have 14 days to reply. They say they'll defend.........and you get the Acknowledgement of Service paper.....which is what I got this morning

• 2 weeks later...

sshhhhhhh.whisper it quietly, but Cap1 have only got until this Thursday to send me their defence, and if not it's judgement by default time;)

but I bet they remember just in time out of spite:p

well, Thursday has arrived and there's nothing from our 'friends':D

but I'm a patient man, and I've got things to do over the next few days, so i'll be off down to court this time next week, so they can't say I was being a bit previous with my default judgement;)

don't you love it when the postie brings you a letter saying

I'VE WON!

balance paid into my account, cheque for the rest on the way.

Now I can finish off the second claim

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halifax -

Make a donation