thetruth v Barclaycard

thetruth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sending the DPA template letter to Barclaycard first thing in the morning as it is now 02:57 on 16/06/2006 and I have been reading posts on this website for the past 3hours (nearly!) since I got home from work at 00:00. I will definitely keep u guys well informed with regular posts of my current situation. When I successfully get my money back, from the help of this website, I will definitely make a donation.

Bye 4 now!:D

Welcome aboard here too!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Still no word from barclaycard. I rang their customer relations and they say there is no evidence of receiving my letter on their system, what should i do?

I have copied the subject access template and filled out the necessary details, i've got an envolope ready to post first class recorded 2mrw as today is sunday 25/06/2006. I sent the 1st letter to halifax and nationwide 2nd class jus like i did barclaycard and nationwide and halifax have both received it. are they pulling a fast one????

Please reply ASAP to my questions.

Cheers

As you have rung them just send another letter stating you have already sent one and giving them another 7days to respond. that should suffice:)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

When i eventually get my statements back ( as i have been informed by barclaycard dat it wil take da full 40 days), can I claim back the interest charges on my balance?

Or only the default charges and if i get to the money claim stage, the 8% interest as wel?

Pls hlp, any1 Cheers!

The only interest you can claim in that respect is the amount that was caused solely by the charges. If your statements do not differentiate between the two, it can be nearly impossible to determine the correct figure.

If statements do show the interest as being related to charges, then bingo!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Got all my statements today! Dating back to June 2004 when I first got my card.

I am in the processing the total of the charges, but there are alot! Maybe more then my credit limit! Lol.

I will inform you when I have totalled all the charges and posted the prelim LBA!

Ciao! :oops:

Barclaycard sent me a letter dated 8th July 2006 which I received today.

Same standard letter that everyone receives saying that they are willing to offer me £192 as a good will gesture!

I am claiming £480, so a 1st class recorded LBA will be on its way to them today!

The letter was from Karen Charlton, customer relationship manager.

Good stuff.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I recieved a letter refusing my request of a refund of £480 on my credit card. That was the LBA.

So..... I guess the next step is money claim?

Is there a template I can use to fill out the neccessary particulars? Do I also have to attach the schedule of charges and add interest to the claimed amount?

Pls hlp asap cheers

Firstly, make sure that you have given 14 days from the date they would have received the LBA - there's no need to rush this through if you haven't done so.

The particulars of claim are shown in the Templates library - this is for the version where you input your claim in person at your local county court. If you really want to start action online, then you will have to amend the text, shrinking it to fit the maximum number of characters allowed in the online version.

When you submit the claim (either in person or online) you should also submit copies of the charges spreadsheet.

You do now include the 8% interest, and also daily interest from the date of claim until settlement.

Just filed a claim on money claim, claiming my £480 in charges + interest which comes to a total of £513.00 + £80 court fee= £593.00. Lets see what happens within the next 14days!

HI GUYS,JUST A QUICK QUESTION,I HAVE MADE A COMPLAINT AGAINST BARCLAYCARD TO THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE AND THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T SEND ME ALL STATEMENTS(ie. beyond may2004) ,SHOULD I STILL GO AHEAD AND SEND MY PRELIMINARY REQUEST FOR REFUND LETTER AND JUST CLAIM FOR THE CHARGES WHICH I KNOW ABOUT AND THEN START A NEW CLAIM WHEN THE i.c.o MAKE BARCLAYCARD SEND ME THE REST OF MY STATEMENTS.CHEERS FOLKS,POWER TO THE PEOPLE

B.of.IRELAND-FINAL RESPONSE RECEIVED(NO OFFER)CLAIM BEING FILED

Capital one-offer received for £240(not even half claim)CLAIM BEING FILED

Barclaycard-offer received for £430(not accepted)CLAIM BEING FILED