Final stages A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you can tweak any letter to suit they are just a guideline.

I would include the reference to them being "slapped" for using the above case and just say see you in court - :)

just vary the letter you use when court action has started

you can see a refusal letter i did on my thread if you want -combined with a figure i was willing to settle for - not that it did me any good:rolleyes:

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

you can see a refusal letter i did on my thread if you want -combined with a figure i was willing to settle for - not that it did me any good:rolleyes:

jan

Looked on your thread - can't seem to find the letter' any more clues:)

Funny how Wragge's are now trotting out the old excuse of 'how important' the end result of the 'Test Case' is to them, and how they need all claims stayed until 'Clarity Prevails'. Would be better if they were just upfront and honest and told us;

a). How much they are saving by not settling any more claims.

b). How much extra they will be making by the contined application of bank charges.

c). And just how much extra Interest will they make on their present and future ill-gotten gains.

Whatever way the pendulum swings, the outcome must be worth it for the banks.

Lucifer xxx

Just a quick one while I go to the shed for a bottle of Chateau Green Shed.

Bills have been around since time began, but it is only in recent years that our bills seem to remain 'Unpaid' and we have gotten leaner, while the banks bills are paid punctually and they have gotten fatter.

Nearly all the past members of my mother's and father's family did not trust or use banks, nobody went hungry and no bill was left unpaid. One aunt had a bed with brass bed knobs. When she passed away, her money was found, tightly rolled up and stuffed down each post supporting the bed, each brass knob when uscrewed was found to have a piece of black thread attached to it, when pulled (gently), like a string of sausages out came her tightly rolled up money, mostly £1 notes with a few blue and white fivers amongst them. When I get recompense from the banks, the banks can go and whistle. Funny how Insurances etc all will only accept payment through the bank! Conspiracy or Collusion? Also have you ever had a date for payment changed, not to suit you and your pocket, but to suit the banks and their pockets? I have, and others have too.

I'm off to the shed.

Lucifer of 1/2 a tail xxx

I had a right good altrication once with a 'brand new customers only' type. Won't say which bank but I wasn't impressed with Loyd - think that was his name. Had me in tears, yes tears of frustration as got charged for payment which came out same day as money put into bank. Had the one nano second argument about midnight and who would be doing banking at that time - only banks I suppose and bank robbers - (aren't they one and the same?) Had to walk out in the end before I was splashed all over the nationals for murder. Made a complaint moved banks - bad - got an apology in the form of a bouquet of flowers from the Channel Isles or is that bucket as in Mrs, which died within 3 days. Bet they'd been on the sec, sorry reception desk for a week beforehand.

Madam,

I am back all 'Fruity and Glowing' with Bonhomie? or was it because of all the wine I swallowed while sucking on the tube? Anyway I have a nice glass (or is it two glasses!) of elderflower wine sitting in front of me.

You are dead right, I too have seen at first hand how devious banks were, are, and still will be unless we take them to the vets!. In the past I just kept to my schedule of paying money into the bank in the hope of staying one jump ahead of them, but every now and then something would happen and down the slippery slope I would go. At the end of last Christmas and the middle of the New year was bad a time for bank charges, and as my pleas once again fell on deaf ears, It was then I decided to try and 'Reclaim back my Bank Charges'. Whether I get them or not still remains a mute point. But the favour that they did for me was to let me take stock of my finances once again. I had to borrow enough money to keep one account quiet and re-start another two dormant ones with another bank plus give them enough money to pay for all the dd's etc as they started filtering through. It took a long time as A&l were still charging me for the slightest error, the last one was a cheque for £14.98 written in March, presented in June or July, not honoured, charged £34 plus two hits of £25 for being overdrawn. Had they of paid the cheque, I think I would have owed them less than a fiver. Now I mark down in a diary what is due, and make sure the money is there, neither my old bank or new bank is used for 'Personal Spending'. If the cash is there in my wallet, fine, it gets spent, if it's not there, 'horns are drawn' and I have to wait until the wallet has some money in it.

All branches of A&L seem to hide their staff behind glass screens, there are no males either in my local branch, so I can't let off steam there either, any complaint you do take in to A&L the staff always look at you smugly and tell you to phone your complaint through to Head Office.

Glass is empty, off to fill up.

Reynard of the 'Bushy Tail! (Who?) this wine must be stronger than I thought. xxxx

Seems we did swoppsy's - fill mine up while you're there - my dormant account is Lloyds but they seem to have paid everything due out that account - probably their interest has took me over - and charged £120 all told for the privelage, got to keep it open though coz A&L may close down. Like you try not to use but hard earned cash has to go into bank and they seem to like playing the game of which bill won't we pay this time i.e which will make us most money. Because of them my little homestead in dire strait of being lost to the sea.

Looked on your thread - can't seem to find the letter' any more clues:)

hi try post 62 - i added/ inserted the comments to a standard letter

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

You ave six cats? Are they all friendly? Yes you do look kittenly on your picture, full of mischief and nose into everything.

My mistress (next door) is calling me to tell me that my dinner is on the patio, (hope it's not chicken though).

Felix xxx

So do I monsieur Felix as I have 12 chickens as well, Master Claude isn't too friendly with the others or with le cheins as it happens, but all seem to like living in the same house which is suprising as the MAIN KAT is very full of mischief and twirls everyone round the little finger (or so she thinks):D

5 threads merged and thread title changed

please keep to the one thread when asking questions or updating .This is in your own interest as you will get much more informed advice when people can see at a glance what you have done so far :-)

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Wooleykat

Just remind me do you still have your hearing on 1st October?

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Spit ,Spit, no seems tar brush and all that, all cases stayed, seems courts think this is the easy way for now. I think there must be a letter/template somewhere where we can ask for all charges to be froze while case heard - hopefull. Hence (pm) why M not been paid due to charges.

Spit ,Spit, no seems tar brush and all that, all cases stayed, seems courts think this is the easy way for now. I think there must be a letter/template somewhere where we can ask for all charges to be froze while case heard - hopefull. Hence (pm) why M not been paid due to charges.

are you not going to appeal?

if it is on the courts initiative there may be no fee?

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

By the time I'd sorted things (hols, sickness etc) seems too late to appeal. All I can think of now is trying to stop any further charges from al until test case sorted. Any help there? is there a template letter or someone who's gone down this road?

:( The only two cases I have seen have been as a result of hearing on stay .

When Alice checked they said on hers there was not a limit on when she could appeal - mine was different I think I had 28 days.

So it might be worth reading the paper again.

Also apparently the waiver is due to be reviewed at the end of the month and the only thing I can think of is still write to the FOS sending a copy of the FSA agreement highlighting any relevant sections stating why you think your case should proceed.

Sorry cant really think of anything else at the moment.

Jan

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE