Mbna/a&l Ppi ** Won - and paid back to 1998 **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have finally received a response regarding my PPI prelim.

They said they issued the terms and conditions at the time I took out my card giving me the opportunity to check that I met the eligibility criteria ( is that not their job?) and as a cancellation request was not received, the cover commenced.

But then they go on to say:

"I confirm that to be eligible for Payment Protection Cover (PPC), you must be in full time employment at the start date of the policy. You state that this is not the case; therefore the cover was not suitable for you.

To enable us to consider a full refund of the PPC premiums and associated interest that has been charged, please provide documentary evidence which confirms that you were not eligible for the cover in September 1998."

So they admit the PPI was not suitable but what could I send them to prove it? I have payslips from 1998 (I havent a clue why I kept them but I'm glad I did) would they do? They dont say how many hours I worked but you can tell from the amount I get that its not full time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A response at last! Do you have in writing what they consider to be full time hours? i'd just clarify they can't twist any information to their advantage before you send them anything.

I bet they sat rubbing their hands with glee when they asked for documentary evidence as they probably didn't think you'd have any!! :p

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I rang MBNA up today to find out what documentary evidence they would accept and they said anything that proves I didnt pay income tax (which I dont cos I only work 15 hours)

So then I got in contact with the tax office and they said their records dont go back that far so I rang MBNA (again!!!!) and they said that I could send the last years info. Ive spent half the day on the phone ringing backwards and forwards but if it means I get this sorted out I dont care.

I'm also going to photo copy the pay slips I have from 1998 and send them so that they cant wriggle out of it by saying I have no proof from that year.

10 / 10 for persistence Pennypenny. It's the only way to achieve anything in this game.

Fingers crossed it's resolved soon and they don't keep stringing it out ;)

I know, MBNA do like to string things out.

I rang them today to find out what happens to the balance on my credit card because it is in credit after my charges claim and they said they would credit it into my bank account as the card is suspended, and as I really need the money with christmas coming up I said OK.

Now my worry is that if my card has a nil balance it will be closed and they wont let me claim my PPI.

I am still waiting for the tax office to send their info to me so I can get on with my claim.

Pennypenny

I should imagine that because your claim has been started and acknowledged by MBNA already, you should be ok. I don't know what others think.

Hoping i'll be able to accumalate some money by Christmas. My little one is developing some seriously expensive tastes! I wonder where he gets that from.....:rolleyes:;)

I know, MBNA do like to string things out.

I rang them today to find out what happens to the balance on my credit card because it is in credit after my charges claim and they said they would credit it into my bank account as the card is suspended, and as I really need the money with christmas coming up I said OK.

Now my worry is that if my card has a nil balance it will be closed and they wont let me claim my PPI.

I am still waiting for the tax office to send their info to me so I can get on with my claim.

Hello Penny,

Well you are getting somewhere now. well done.

Personally I would not worry if the account is closed, suspended, it does not matter. Even if the account had been close for years, they still took the ppi and did not disclose the mis-selling.

I do hope with the penalty charged, you claimed back interest on top at their contractual rate 24.9%.

If you haven't then ask for it, the same with the ppi. More in the pot for Xmas.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks Hell,

Yes I did claim contractual interest on the penalty charges, it took a while but they refunded it all in the end, I was really surprised how much the charges added up to.

I know its great isn't it.:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Info has arrived from the Tax Office so I have sent it recorded delivery to MBNA with a polite note saying that since I sent my first letter to them in august I will give them 14 days to sort this out or else (not quite in those words:wink: )

They better not take another 2 months to investigate, although they have already admitted it was mis-sold, they will probably try to find another way to get out of paying it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update...

Received a reply from MBNA saying the evidence I sent wasn't sufficient:evil:

I suppose that was my fault as I didnt send the payslips as they said I would only need the tax letter.

I then gave them a call and asked to speak to Simon Jennions as he was named on my letter, spoke to him and he seemed a lot more helpful. I told him about the payslips I had and he said to copy them and send them in and he will then work out my refund. Sounds promising? Well, I'll wait and see.

I sent the payslips Tuesday and they were signed for yesterday so I am now awaiting a reply.

Good grief, these people just find every way to delay the inevitable. Keep going Pennypenny, i'm sure you'll need WON added to your thread soon ;)

i'm sure you'll need WON added to your thread soon ;)

I hope so Hopeful:)

They still havent replied, if they dont reply soon I might send a LBA to nudge them along a bit.

This has been going on since August now so they've had long enough.

They are rubbish aren't they Pennypenny? I have extended the date for OH at least 3 times. Told them today was last chance before further action - nothing from them. They just like to take the michael :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Woooohoooo, I've just received a nice cheque from MBNA this morning, for the full refund of PPI payments plus interest.:)

I also got more than I was expecting because they dated it back to 1998 when I took out the card and I only went back as far as 2001.

I must admit, they were really helpful on the phone, although a little slow at replying to letters.

Well, now I 'll be able to concentrate on the halifax loan PPI claim which has been on the back burner for a couple of months while I sorted this one out.:-)

Woooohoooo, I've just received a nice cheque from MBNA this morning, for the full refund of PPI payments plus interest.:)

I also got more than I was expecting because they dated it back to 1998 when I took out the card and I only went back as far as 2001.

I must admit, they were really helpful on the phone, although a little slow at replying to letters.

Well, now I 'll be able to concentrate on the halifax loan PPI claim which has been on the back burner for a couple of months while I sorted this one out.:-)

Excellent news penny, big grin on my face for you today:D

Post on the success forum, for all to see

:D FANTASTIC!!! :D

About time too. Just in time for Christmas. Well done, Pennypenny.

Right, i need to kick into MBNA action again - you've re-motivated me again :p

What sort of things did you say to persuade them?

Excellent news penny, big grin on my face for you today:D

:D FANTASTIC!!! :D

About time too. Just in time for Christmas. Well done, Pennypenny.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Thanks for all your good wishes and for all your help and support, its been a big help. I have posted on the success forum so people can be encouraged to carry on.

Hopeful, I spoke to Simon Jennions who was named on my letter and I must say he was very helpful, although he didnt have much choice as I was clearly missold as I only work 15 hours per week, it was just proving it.

It was the payslips that did the trick, I'm sooo glad I kept them. I must have known they would come in useful some day:)

Dont give up hope and keep at them, there are more and more people getting their money back. I'm gearing myself up to start on the Halifax which I think will be a lot more difficult, but what would I do with myself otherwise:-)

Penny:-D

Interesting that they paid up pre-six years. I am convinced that these claims should not suffer from limitation and this seems to be an indication that the banks may also be of that opinion. Excellent news, and well done.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.