Robbie024 V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am in need of some help. I am currently trying to cliam bank charges back from HSBC for almost £4000. The claim has now been refered to my local county court, I have a date of the 19th July 2007. I am very nervous about this as i am repersenting myself and am not sure what the best things are to take with me and what kind of questions i am likely to be asked while im there.

I have all the break down of charges and copies of all corespodence that i have had with the bank and court.

I am also worried as i have read a lot of threads on here and everyone seems to have had an offer of some sort but i have only had one basic reply from the bank and have not had any offers of any kind, is this normal??:confused:

Has anyone been in this situation or able to advise me of what to expect and what documents to take?? !!

Any help would be great!!!

Hi

The court has only told me to give a breakdown of all the charges to the judge, which i have done. They did also say any new evidence has to be submitted to the court and other party 14 days before the hearing.

Is this what you mean?

Did it say new evidence or any evidence that the claimant intends to rely on?

This is why we ask for people to post exactly what it says on the directions from the court. It save s alot of time and you will get precise answers.

Did you send the judge the charges breakdown after you received these directions or before?

hi

i sent the judge the breakdown of charges when it was first transferred to my local court.

Then i was told any new evidence that i will rely on has to be submitted to other parties 14 days before.

Hi

Sorry for late reply but been no where near my computer over the weekend!!

Just to let you know i had a letter from DG over the weekend saying that hsbc are not at fault and would successfully defend the claim if it went to court but in this instance would not be defending and will be refunding me the full amount requested which was £ 4200.

Isn't that just great news!!!!!

Wow thats fantastic news! Great news in fact! That was really quiet easy!

This is the acceptance letter I used if need one. Don't use theirs agreeing to the confidentialtity bit.

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement only for this claim of bank charges made on my account between xx/xx/xx and xx/xx/xx(dates of first and last charge)

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.