Multiple claims possible?

ndf9876
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Say I were to claim for £200 worth of bank charges, and it took me 12 weeks to resolve the matter (out of court), however during those 12 weeks another £200 of charges were accrued.

Could a person resolve the first claim, and then make a second claim for the second "batch" of charges (ie those accrued during the time taken to resolve the initial claim) ?

Am I making any sense :???:

I think I've answered my own question by doing a little searching, but if anyone is reading this post and wondering the answer to the question, it appears to be a yes - there's nothing to stop you doing it, although again the general concensus seems to be that they'll close your account if you do. Which, let's face it, probably doesn't worry you if you're having a go at your bank anyway ;)

Could depend which bank you are with.

Parachute account sould be a real consideration.

Within HBOS, which is what this is based on, assuming your case took the 12 weeks you suggested, in my case, the claim was taken from the date of the last charge on the account.

However, I am trying not to get myself into that situation again as I suspect from other posts that their attitude changes.

There are many people/cases with many banks that have reclaimed subsequent bank charges after the initial claim is successful

There are many people/cases with many banks that have reclaimed previous bank charges after the initial claim is successful, having realised they could go back prior to 6 years

Obviously the settlement letter (no confidentality please) should be clear that full and final settlement is for the charges claimed between xx/xx/xx and yy/yy/yy

A parachute account should always be a consideration; and you'll often get a better deal. I believe it was A&L that were fined for closing an account in retialation and told not to do it again.... but it still happens, some banks more than others

Hope this helps

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back. So if they keep charging you keep claiming.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.