update...nearly there! **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ya they didnt acknowledge mine either was already to send letter when they paid up so keep checking your account

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just an update...gave halifax untill today to acknowledge my filed n1 form (their 14 days ran out 2nd July) Checked with court and no defence/acknowledgement filed at all. I spoke to the legal dept at halifax and they seemed very confused....at first the lady said we have no record of your claim...to which i replied i think you will find that an n1 form was deemed served on 16th by count court....this was followed by her darting around her office asking her colleagues if they were dealing with my claim. They all seemed to no nothing....then right at the end of our conversation she then stated that somebody in her office had faxed an acknowledgement last Friday. I said fine. Later today i went to my court and double checked and they confirmed that NO ACKNOWLEDGENT had been sent by Halifax.... As th date has now passed I am now in a position to go for victory by default....but I have sent a" final Pay up within 7 days of this letter" demand instead. Is this wise or should I go back to court tomorrow and file for judgement? any advice appreciated....Thanks

The letter is the best way to go. :D

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks SSL.....I have sent the "final" seven day pay up letter to the halifax, basically telling them that there has been no record of them acknowledging my claim by their 14 day expiry date at my local court...(despite one of the so called legal team saying it was acknowledged!!! A blatant lie!). seems to be a few people in similar siuation...oh well they now have till 4 pm tues 10th july to pay up or i file for judgement!!

P.s. if i file for judgement if i receive nothing from the above letter...what would be the next step by them? ...immediate pay up?

good point wizzo....i am hoping that the 7 day letter actually speeds up the outcome....i feel that going down the win by judgement/default route may take a little longer....I hope to find out real soon!!!

It shows the court you have given them every opportunity to pay you the money.

• Haha 2

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

great to see another 2 victories for fellow claimants today...their expiry dates for judgement etc along with mine are all within days of each other so looks for sure that its just "when your name/form gets to the top of the Halifax intray!!

Thanks SSL....I knew you would have another valid point

Yeah - that was a good call by SSL!

You have done everything helpful that you possibly could have done to assist that beseiged organisation resolve the situation.

In the Court's eyes you are a good guy!

In the Court's eyes THEY are the bad guys.

SSL's "letter" demonstrates that perfectly!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Almost there, keep us posted!!!!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

party0003.gif

YOU SEEN MY NEWS?

party0003.gif

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hi You seem to be at the saem stage as me! wondered if you have had your money. I filed against them on the 14th june , on the 2nd july they acknowledged the claim. Then on the 4th posetd out an offer of a third of what I am claiming , Just about to post ,y reply to them saying thanks but no thanks and see what happens!! fingers crossed

• Haha 1

Mine are crossed for you!

missed your news from this morning Dursary....fantastic...well done!!!

thanks, bud!

Hio gilly50001...in answer to your question ...no still no money appeared. your dates seem the same as mine. ..but it shows how halifax deal with all cases differently to confuse everyone...your claim was acknowledged and you receive an offer (although for only a third!!) and I was not acknowledged (as case with a few others ) and have since sent a final 7 day demand as advised..so fingers crossed we both hear soon!

• Haha 1

Well ,well ,well....."quel surprise!!" Just got home to find a letter from the court stating that The halifax have indeed now filed an acknowledgment abliet on the 4th July....They had until the 2nd July !!

Anyway I am rather relieved in a way as this seems to be the fastest route to payout!! So by my reckoning the 28 days to file a defence from when i originally served the N1 form is Saturday 14th July between now and then money should definitley appear !!! Good luck...keep battling coz if u take the advice from this forum it all work out well!!

• Haha 1