Lost Licence

orfoster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two weeks ago I lost my licence as it got lost in a house move.

When applying to have my licence address changed they told me as I haven't got the photocard there will be a charge of £22 for the replacement.

My dispute is, they send you a brand new card, brand new paper doc. Why the £22 fee???

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

I think the DVLA are just getting too big for their boots - *too much power given to a private company syndrome*

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks for your reply Dave.

Do you think I should send them a letter advising them of this? I mean fair enough if you loose the licence then they charge to replace but if you loose it moving address they still charge you even though they have to give you a complete new one anyway.:mad:

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

It's to do with the one-in-one-out arrangement. When changing address, you'll get this free providing you return the old one. Apart from ensuring that it isn't 'lost' :D there's more to it than just making money. If they issue a paid replacement, they'll mark the file as the original being lost, so providing corroboration should your licence be used for false ID purposes. Of course, if you've just mislaid it - the angst will get worse, as they'll not refund you to compensate!

Well thats how I looked at it as well but then when reporting change of address online they don't want your old licence. It just asks you for refs' that are on the paper licence and photocard.

well I also have lost my photocard licence during a house move. Here is my question if this is found by another and returned to the dvla do they contact you to let you know that some kind sole has returned it or do they just wait for you to realise it has been lost and take your money from you?

• 4 weeks later...

my provish card went missing a while back I think its stupid the £22 charge I only got my card 6 months ago!

My purse went missing and that was the last time I had it.

Bit of a kick in the nuts if someone had everything stolen then they give you a charge to get a new one.