Unwilling to refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5855 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi well after much hard work have finally got onto this site , am exhausted !! Am chasing barclays two closed accounts one business. Have sent letters from money saving expert site and the answer to my "i'll start court proceedings if no answer in two weeks" letter was a letter from Barclays saying they disagree with my view as charges details were provided in terms/conditions upon opening account and they are unwilling to refund charges.Have just been directed here.Has anybody else had this letter and have any advise they can share. Can understand why people give up !! Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Yes sorry have just caught up have read all the info you suggested but unfortunately it doesn't have an option for my scenario where they are telling me they are unwilling to pay ?? Thank you for giving me your time

They tell everyone at the beginning they're not going to pay in the hopes you will give up, keep going you'll get there in the end

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

yes, recorded delivery :)

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Good luck pov :)

28/2/07

8/3/07

14/3/07

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

28/4/07

11/5/07

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

• 2 weeks later...

hi have two closed accounts Barclays one personal one business . Have just put in mcol a few days ago re personal account and am now a bit confused when does my 14 day deadline start also should I have included all charges details or will the fact that I have already provided Barclays with them twice in letter form count ? thank you

ok timeline on mcol :-

from date of issue its 5 days to be deemed served

14 days from when deemed served to acknowledgement

28 days from when deemed served to defence

total of 33 days allowed from issue to the defence

You should now send your SOC (schedule of charges) to mcol with covering letter found here- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

Once you receive acknowledgement send SOC (schedule of charges) to B's litigation department with covering letter

Hope that helps

saint

sent my soc's to court on 29th last friday recorded delivery . still not received according to royal mail on line . would anyone suggest that i re send or will i seem too pushy . Don't want rub court manager up wrong way before i begin ??

Hi Pov, just noticed what you said about dial-up on last page. I can sympathise cos I was until end of May. I would have liked. to spend more time here but was always concious of the minutes ticking by.

Now on talktalk broadband which is just as well as I've spent the last month here almost every day reading, learning and getting support and inspiration. Worth it in the end though.

Good luck with your claim, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

i filed a claim online against my personal account and it was issued on 22/06/07 is that when the 14 days of default begins so i can request judgement by default or am i getting mixed up AGAIN !! nothing seems to have changed since that date so am assuming Barclays not acknowledged . Can anyone explain if that's right ? thank you