Nationwide referring complaint to FSA

kfn1502
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm helping a single mother with a claim for unfair bank charges to the tune of £1985.06 (incl interest). We've sent the prelim letter, got standard 'our charges are fair & transparent' response. Then we sent the LBA, and the reply which has come back says that her letter of complaint has been sent to some other department and the FSA allow them eight weeks to respond. Does this mean we have to wait until they process the complaint? Everything I've read on this site seems to indicate we should just go ahead and lodge the moneyclaim now - NOT wait another eight weeks for them to come back and say 'our charges are fair etc etc'.

Can someone please let me know if my interpretation is correct and I will assist this lady with her money claim.

Thanks so much.

You are right - it is YOUR claim and YOUR timetable, although in this instance the YOUR is used in context.

Two weeks for the preliminary, two weeks for the LBA and then raise the claim is plenty of time for such a large organisation...

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.