close premium finance help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Karen

Anymore news? I can't believe the court stayed your case, seems like a good way to get the judge out of work and onto the golf course again!!

Simon:)

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for delay in replying...Well i sent the letter in to ask for the stay to be removed.. Havent heard anything then yesterday had a notice of hearing of applications which reads

The hearing of the defendants application for applications will take place on the 3 december at 0000pm

attatched to this is a application notice that close have filled out where close premium say they want the stay lifted on the above claim as judgement can be made in this case without waiting for the outcome of the pending high court action in relation to bank charges.

So do i have to attend this or is it just for them? This obviously isnt the end of it but i understand this is the hearing to see whether the stay can be removed...

Welcome any help

karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen

I have just filed my N1 at the court today. If I can help in any way just let me know. Not that I am any sort of expert mind, I only know pretty much what I have picked up from the site.

I have specifically detailed my charges as being 'penalty charges'. So I am going to follow a similar line to bank charges. As you're hearing for the removal of the stay, would it be advisable to assemble some sort of bundle??? There is a bank specific stay bundle if that's any help.

Also might it be an idea to be prepared to state your case in case the judge moves to settle it there and then. As Close are saying they want it resolved, that may be there game plan to try and catch you off guard!!

I hope some of this is of use to you and as I said if I can help, just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this thread as I am preparing to have a go at it4me for a simple cancellation, for which they require the £30 plus one months premium!!! No penalty charges or anything in this case, always been a good payer, but come on, £30 plus a month, they are havin a larf aint they?

Jon

Hi Karen

Can I help anyway, or do you want to use my case as evidence or anything?

I issued the N1 and in just over 2 weeks, they have folded and paid out, banked the cheque today:D

Let me know if you want any details to use, or anything else and good luck, although luck shouldn't be a factor, they should just roll over!

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya simon. Firstly congratulations. I cant believe it. Im really sorry for delay in replying but havent been to well. My court case has been put back now till January. So ive got to wait longer again.

Its really good news you havent had to attend court and that you have been paid out already.

I dont know whether its worth me contacting them or whether i should just wait now for the hearing regarding the stay being lifted.

Any help greatly appreciated because i havent got a clue

karen

• 4 weeks later...

hi karen, ive read this thread with great interest and have joined in the hope i can find out if there has been any outcome to your court case?

I have recently had dealings with Close Premium Finance. Ive posted to a new thread though http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/insurance-assurance-companies/126621-close-premium-finance-another.html#post1324776

Abbey National

Approx £250 bank charges refunded by Abbey National

Close Premium Finance

£30 refund of default payments refunded after they messed up a DD

United Utilities

£25 compensation from United Utilities for a stream of errors on my account. Started in November and still awaiting closure and cheque in May 2008

Anyone know the outcome of this?

They finally refunded 100% of a default charge they made to me after making a mistake themselves. It took a good few emails and a letter though.

I cant believe they are happy to take someone to court over a £30 default charge.

Abbey National

Close Premium Finance

United Utilities

£25 compensation from United Utilities for a stream of errors on my account. Started in November and still awaiting closure and cheque in May 2008

• 1 month later...

Any outcome on this yet?

I have a court date for the end of the month and am wondering if these jokers will actually attend. :roll:

Their defence was identical to Karen's case, and i've not received their AQ yet.

CPF have to be the worst company that i've had dealings with, refusing to comply with Data Protection Act requests, and ignoring repeated requests for breakdown of charges etc. I only actually got full details of charges after filing the N1.

Interestingly they offered 50% refund of charges before the N1 was filed. Gave me the total charges they had applied but wouldn't give me the details of when they had applied them. Once they received the court papers, I received the details along with the standard " charges are reasonable...blah...blah " defence.

So it seems court here we come.

Any tips anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hiya, sorry for delay in replying. Court case not till end of month so will let you know outcome. Im really pleased you have had your money back.

What mistake did they make with yours?

Sorry for late reply but better late than never eh :)

I defaulted with a payment and paid the charge, then they messed up the dates of my DD and AFTER I had asked them to confirm they had the right date, which they did, by email. I complained that if they saw fit to charge me for defaulting then they should refund it to me because of their error. They tried to offer 50% but i persisted and got 100%. I think if I didnt have an email from a customer service person clearly givingme duff info it would have been my word against theirs and I prob wouldnt have got the money back. My insurance is up for renewal soon. No way I'm having anything to do with Close Premium Finance again, I'll be paying my premium in full and upfront.

Any update on your case?

Abbey National

Close Premium Finance

United Utilities

COURT TOMORROW MORNING :eek:

Any advice peeps ? :-?

how did you get on mike?

Abbey National

Close Premium Finance

United Utilities