kevluff v tesco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got back from court, what a waste of time, the woman there had less idea than i have, and did not want to help and could not answer my two questions, dont know why i did not come here in the first place.

what do i put under brief details of claim? and where it says value do i put just the original amount claimed or the original amount plus intererst.

I should imagine that going to court is the most daunting stage for most people( it is for me) and there is quite a high drop out rate at this point, so i am quite suprised that after all the exellent advice given on this web site , the N1 stage is pretty much ignored

:mad:LF53

Hi Kevluff, sorry it didnt go so well at court, I had exactly the same questions as you and I can now answer them for you :-)

In brief details of claim just put "claim for repayment of bank charges"

Under value put the amount claimed broken down as follows:

Bank charges £ xxx (include the int you have incurred here if you know it)

Interest pursuant to section 69 County Courts Act £ xxx (this is the 8% int you can claim now you have filed at court)

Court Costs £ xx (whatever you pay to submit your claim)

Total £ xx (total of all the above)

Plus daily interest at 8% of £ xx from date of issue until settlement

I put the bits in red cause you dont actually write that on (I know you know this ;-)

nice one bowkett, i dont know why i didnt come here in the first place. cracking advice as always. will be at court first thing 2morrow,

i know i am being a bit of an old woman about this but i find takeing a major financial institution to court dead scary, and as this is going to be the 1st. one of six i feel its best to set off on the right course.

So once again many thanks, i cant tell you how much i apprecieate your help.

good luck with yours , will keep you informed

regards kevluff

went to court today to finally file my claim, only to be told that they could not except a P.O.Box no. as the address for the defendant, this was also verified by a very helpful solicitor who was standing next to me at the counter who said they cannot serve papers to a P.O.Box

Does any body have a proper address for tescos??

I have also noticed others who have filed against tescos have used a P.O.Box, have they had any problems??

got address from post office, bit confused( as usual) the PO Box tescos use has come up royal bank of scotland. this ia the address...

Royal Bank of Scotland

commercial cards

Thanet Grange

Southend-on-Sea

SS0 0EJ

should i amend it to.....

Tescos personal Finance

Royal Bank of Scotland

ect ect

Morning Kevluff, I used the PO Box 6050, Southend-on-Sea address and didnt have any problems, I served on Tesco on the 29th of July and havent had anything back from them since, but nothing from the court either. Cant see how it's problem as they send the papers through the post so Tescos get them. Its not as if they put them into their hands! Plus, if you wanted to send money to tescos you would use that address. The postcode on the address you have found is different to the tesco one too so I am not sure what you should do. You are more than welcome to use my claim number as a ref. for the court, they should be able to confirm the address I used.

The address I used in my claim against Tesco for the Small Claim Summons was

Tesco Personal Finance Ltd

24 St Andrew Square

Edinburgh

EH2 1AF

this is their registered address and there were no problems using that

Royal Bank of Scotland - Settled - Full Amount

GE Money - Settled - Full Amount

Tesco Personal Finance - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Pre June 2005 Charges - Settled - Full Amount

help required, went to court this morning to file claim against HSBC, while there i asked again if i could file against tescos using a PO Box and was again told no.although i have been told by others that they have filed succesfuly using a PO Box.

I later rang tescos and asked if they could give me the address of there head office ,after being put on hold for 12 minutes i was told they didnt have an address for head office,yeah, right.

i have rang BT useing a number given to me on this site to track down there address using the PO Box No. and was given an address for royal bank of scotland in southend.

i have also been given an address in scotland by some one who has claimed in scotland, could i use that bearing in mind i am claiming in england?

i am keen to get moveing but i am starting to get confused, do you think tescos are using this as a stalling tactic??

as usual all help grafefuly accepted.

p.s. martin lewis was on BBC radio london tonight and he urged anyone who was thinking about claiming back bank charges to get a move on as the banks are going to fight back.but did not go into any more detail!

Good evening Kevluff, not sure about the Scotland address, thats why I didnt use it. I have had a scout around and got this:

Tesco Visacard

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

SS99 6DF

OR

Tesco Platinum Visa Card

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

SS99 6FZ

or this was on a leaflet they sent me, but I dont know where it is (Scotland?)

Customer Service, Tesco Personal Finance

Freepost

SCo6492

EH3 5WY

• 2 weeks later...

welcome back to the fray.

i received notice of issue from court and they have until 11/09 to reply, so far not a peep from them, will keep you informed.

this is something that is worth considering for future claims against c/c,s

i, and others, have found out that we can charge compound contactual interest i.e. the amount they charge you, and you would not believe the difference it makes to a claim; my next claim against citicards has gone from 745 to 2,364, and my claim against teskies would have risen to over 600,bit of a difference, what.

this is under the terms of " mutuality and recipricocy of contract" i think it means they do it to us so we can do it to them, and not before time,to.

if you want to know a bit more about this i can point you in the right direction.

hope you had a good holli,

regards kevluff

have just recieved acknowledgement of service from tescos; not sure about this, but the address they have used for acknowledgement of service , and i quote" in the high court of justice, queens bench division, commercial court, royal courts of justice" , is this normal or are they trying to "up the ante" by useing a commercial court?

p.s. in case anyones needs an address for tescos, the one on my form says;

royal bank of scotland plc

group litigation

1 princes st.

london

EC2R 8PB

now, i might have been a bit of a gun jumper here, the bank has sent a cheque in full and final settlement, but then go on to say that there is no admission of liability and subject to my agreement "not to court publicity( shame that, i was hoping to go on big brother ) and not disclose or refer to any third party (oops!!) " it was a great letter, unsigned and addressed to a mr.George?? as the figures and claim No. are the same i shall assume it was ment for me.

shall be writing back to say thanks for the gregory peck but i do not accept the confidentiality clause.

So, the saga might continue, will keep you posted.

best of luck with yours

regards kevluff

p.s. you partner in crime is still in the saddle, filing against citicards, claiming 20.4% contracual interest.

p.p.s. many, many, many thanks for all your patience and help, to say it is much appreciated is a tad of an understatement