kevluff v tesco

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have just had reply from tescos finance stating that because i closed the account a couple of years ago and cannot remember the account no. they cannot help me and if i cant supply it they will return my cheque and that will be the end of the matter [yeah, right ] I know that this is just a stalling tactic, as this was the same for citibank, but they supplied the information by return of post. has any had this prob. before any advice would be more than welcome. P.S. please excuse the format of this as i have not quite got the hang of this

:mad:LF53

They will have your details somewhere. They should be able to send you a form to fill in to give them all your details and prove who you are. Don't let it go - keep hassling them! They have to supply you with info if you request it whether or not you have the account details. As long as they can prove who you are it shouldn't be a problem.

just recieved 4 years worth of statements, have calculated there is 250 pounds worth of charges all made up of 10 and 15 late payment fees

i am making 5 claims against 4 banks, am tescos are the first to come up with the goods.

do you think tescos would be able to argue that fees of 10 and 15 pounds are not exessive.

many thanx kevinluff

i am about to send prelim letter to tescos, but am unsure how to work out interest they have charged, would i be ok i sent the letter and left out the amount interest they have charged me, and just claimed back the total amount of charges.

i am also going to claim against a bank were i had an autherised overdraft limit.

i have read through some of the threads and it seems like it would be quite complicated and long winded to work out the interest they have charged for exeeding the o/d limit

Once again, would it be ok to go ahead with a prelim letter excludeing the interest charges??

Hi Kevluff, is it Tesco Credit card?? I have just sent my prelim today! I will keep an eye on your thread if so, looks like you're a couple of days in front of me so we could compare notes! I have started a thread in here too:grin:

I'm going to check my Tesco visa statements,I think I have had some late payments and exceeding credit limit charges. I have kept all my statements. For those that have claimed back against CC's, have they threatened to close your account?

Bank of Scotland round 1: £740 + costs settled, still sore over the 8% grrr

Bank of Scotland round 2: £629 +101.15 interest +£39 costs settled.

I have just served a Small Claim Action against Tesco Personal Finance and the address I used was their Registered Office:

Tesco Personal Finance Ltd

24 St Andrew Square

Edinburgh

EH2 1AF

Hearing Date - 7 August 2006 for £360 + Interest + Expenses

Hope this helps

SR7133

Royal Bank of Scotland - Settled - Full Amount

GE Money - Settled - Full Amount

Tesco Personal Finance - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Pre June 2005 Charges - Settled - Full Amount

Hi Kevluff, nice to se your moving along! I sent my prelim letter a week ago today by registered post, no reply as yet though. I sent my letter to the address on my statements, Southend-on-Sea. Dont supposed it matters to much, if/when I get my reply I will use the address it comes from for future letters. Good luck x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevluff, got a second reply from Tesco's today, in response to my 1st letter. Sent LBA a week ago now! Check out the letter, I am waiting for a little help with it. Not sure where Tesco's are coming from!

• 2 weeks later...

this morning i recieved a reply to my lba, it was EXACTLY the same letter bowkett recieved to his/her prelim.

at first i was quite exicted by it until my wife pointed out that geri hatcher was,nt that bird off desperate housewifes (makes sense when you think about it)

it says to give them 10 business days to rely, but blow that , they have had there chance, mcol day is 07/08

brill news about SR7133

Kevluff - Just keep going - I went as far as the Small Claims Court and the Return Date was Monday - they took it right to the wire (2.45pm) then settled.

Best of luck

Royal Bank of Scotland - Settled - Full Amount

GE Money - Settled - Full Amount

Tesco Personal Finance - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Settled - Full Amount + Interest + Court Costs

Clydesdale Bank - Pre June 2005 Charges - Settled - Full Amount

oooh!!! some fanmail from pestco,s arrived today.

exitement over , its just a load of standard hotair, heres the bulk of the text in case you are interested;

sorry to learn of your blah ,blah ,waffle, waffle.

whilst strongly disagreeing with the OFT legal position on credit card default charges, tesco personal finance (TPF) has lowered its late payment fees for CC to 12 pounds with effect from 28/06/2006

It is not our policey to to refund late payment fees that were charged at a higher level at the time that the fee was occured.

TPF is commited to ensureing that its customers understand it charges and is transparent in its communication of its charges to customers. There is no need for customers incur administration charges at all if they manage there account in line with the terms and conditions they have ageed to.

If i have not heard from you by 15/09/06, i will close your file.

signed (real signiture) ashley bye

What a load of old nonsense!

Firstly, if you strongly disagree with the OFT why dont you just give them a true breakdown of the costs that you incur and if ,as you maintain, they are a true reflectoin of your admin costs, you have nothing to worry about and can carry on fleeceing people.

Secondly, if your communication is so transparent( i,m never quite sure what you mean by that)Why, after 3 requests to do so, have you not supplied me with a breakdown of your costs.

Also you rather arrogantly state that there is no need for customers to incur these costs if they manage there account in line the terms and conditions. If i had,nt been ,unexpectedly,off work for 6 months, i would have managed my account in line with your T&C,s you muppet.

Lastly, you say that if you have not heard from me by the 15/09/06 you will close my file; Dont worry old son , you will, off to the court on tuesday.

There ,I feel better for that