abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi abroadgirl, I've had dealings with dmrs too for an abbey account that went overdrawn because of charges. I sent a CCA request to dmrs and the 12 days and 1 month was up last Friday (15th) and I received nothing from them, even though they took the £1 payment off my balance. They kept sending me letters as well. I don't think they are part of shabbey but they stopped phoning me when I had done that. It is just typical of shabbey. Good luck x

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I had the same thing. I phoned up Abbey Telebanking and advised them my account was in dispute due to a court claim going through and to let Debt Management know. She said she would, she had to either email or memo them and I have heard nothing from debt management since.

Good luck

Jane

hi ty for your replies just re-read my post and it should have read £322-94 all charges like yourselves she was very nice and said she will send it back to abbey didn't want anything to do with it im still in the middle of the court bungle its doing my head in lol

theres so much to print out arh well better get on good luck to u both as well hugs abroadgirl

hello well yesterday i got back from the court my copies of AQ bank statements letters etc etc but i haven't got a letter or anything with them so i thought that from the previous correspondence that my date was 7th july but without realizing i looked on the calender and its a Saturday so i got the papers again and it said not before 7th july so should i have had a date in with yesterdays mail or does this follow seperatly

thanku for any help and advise

wow congratulations thats great well i thought my date was 7th july but re reading it said cannot be before 7th july then yesterday afternoon i received the AQ and everything i sent with it i got my copies no letter thou so do i get a separate letter with a court date?

im so pleased for you well done

• 2 weeks later...

hello will i get a court date now or will abbey get intouch with me to day i got a letter from abbey saying they are investagating etc the normal but i also want to know if they have closed my account or not thanks for any feed back u may give to me ty

hello please can anyone help i want to claim cost but looking at the letter for claiming costs im not sure what to put

it says hours

i spent 3 full weeks doing my court bundle and all the printing out the laws acts letters copies of there letters copies of my letters proof of letter the dunlop etc data pro we all know the amount of paper

i used 4 half packs of 500 plain white a4 sheets of paper and over 4 lots of ink

then there were nearly £40 of postage between the couts and shabbey

so what do i claim etc

thanku for any help

hugs

from what ive read on here you claim for the ink (hope you kept reciepts) paper and postage and you charge abbey £9.25 per hour and I read on one thread that you normally charge for 20 to 25 hours but its up to you

25 hrs at £9.25 = £231.25 good luck :-D

simmo66

• Haha 1

Good luck with your costs claim.....I had to go to court today against Abbey over costs....the judge would not allow me to claim costs....he said costs are not allowed in small claims despite what journalists are telling people?!! It's a bit of a lottery.....so I really wish you all the best.

hi still no word from anyone reguarding a court date no responce from shabbey which includes inga.

so i tthink now i shall wait untill i do hear something i think i shall do a cost and then i will have it ready incase i need to have it its best having it at hand hope everyone gets on alright with theres against shabbey

good luck weveryone

to b honest i am scared and thinking if it does go to court shall i get a barriester still will sort out if it comes to it take care

hello, i have got a letter from the court but dont quite understand it please can anyone help and does it mean a cout date 17th aug sorry to seem thick here is what the letter says

all parties having agreed

DISTRIT JUDGE LAW orders that this claim is stayed untill the 4th august to enable the parties to attempt settlement.

on or before the 17th aug 2007 one of the following steps must be taken

the cliamant must notify the court that the whole claim has been settled see note 1 below

or

the climant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period expplaning the steps being taken towards settlement and identfying any mediator expert or other person helping with the process the letter should confirm the agreement of all other parties

note 1

where settlement of the claim is achieved before the end of the period of stay the following will be taken to include an application for the stay to be lifted

what does the word stay mean?

is this letter saying abbey has to pay up or is this the normal then i will get a court date?

ty for any help/advice given

thankyou

Basically the judge knows that the bank will cave in and settle so he is give you and abbey till the 17th to settle .

So I think that on or before the 17th you have to let the judge know that they have settled your claim in full.

• Haha 1

ty very much hun does this mean the judge has read all my documentation?

and is he on my side laughs it sounds strange i know but i put a bingle in 4 n half packs of 500 sheets of a4 white plain paper tyvm

yes they have the lot

hugs

:D

all parties having agreed

DISTRIT JUDGE LAW orders that this claim is stayed untill the 4th august to enable the parties to attempt settlement.

the cliamant must notify the court that the whole claim has been settled see note 1 below

or

the climant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period explaning the steps being taken towards settlement and identfying any mediator expert or other person helping with the process the letter should confirm the agreement of all other parties

note 1

where settlement of the claim is achieved before the end of the period of stay the following will be taken to include an application for the stay to be lifted

is this letter saying abbey has to pay up or is this the normal then i will get a court date?

Hi

Basically a stay means an extension period given before further proceedings. It would appear that Abbey have requested the stay in order to negotiate a settlement; and if unsuccessful, they can extend the stay further.

It does not mean that they have to pay up, just that they are playing for time in order to get you to agree to a settlement before they get hauled up in front of a Judge!

As a footnote, you should keep all your posts in one thread, that way people looking at your latest questions/updates can see the history of the claim, which helps them to give you the correct answers and/or guidance.

Regards

Jo x

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

this is another delaying tactic by Abbey, BUT the judge has forced their hand by saying that if they do request an extension they must show the steps that they have taken to reach settlement, this means that they cannot ignore this and if they dont settle, i would ask the judge to strike out their defence as an abuse of process as they had never any intention of negotiating.

This is a new one on me but shows that the judges are onto the delaying tactics.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

11 threads merged and thread title changed

Please keep to the one thread when updating or asking questions.This is for your benefit as you will recieve more informed advice if people can see at a glance what you have done so far :-)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

hi

do i send a letter/fax to abbey about a settlement or do i wait?

i am not going to give them an extended time after the 17th aug

please can anyone advise me wiether i send a letter for settlement and what do i put i am claiming over 6 thousand

here is the letter i got

or

the climant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period expplaning the steps being taken towards settlement and identfying any mediator expert or other person helping with the process the letter should confirm the agreement of all other parties

note 1

ty for any help/advice given

thankyou

i think the judge has read all the court bungle i did lol which was

5x500 A$ plain white paper i used 4 n half packs

did they get it all

yep they did

and what a court bungle they got laughs

i know it is alot but in with my court bungle was the evidence of the refund that was put back in my account which they are still chargeing me from 9th jany and all my evidence papers etc was with it all inc right and dss acts

etc

ty for reading

hugs

abroadgirl