finally got my statement after 96 days of waiting

kisstina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After 2 cheques being sent and asking for them, then numerous phone calls to the customer relations helpline which in the end they ordered them for me 3 times but still nothing, i finally received them last friday. yeah. when i got home yesterday there was another set waiting for me with one of my cheques attached. So i think there may be another set on the way with my other cheque enclosed!!! So i have now sent my letter asking for my money back so wish me luck!

thanks, just read your post in that link and your attitude is the same as mine as i am so unlucky and if there was a court action ruling for the banks it would happen to me!!!! But time for some positive thinking so when i win the money back it shall go towards my wedding to make it that more special so i can have my ideal wedding dress!! Currently claiming £2635

You're right, that was my attitude - but with SO MANY people going through this process successfully, and after reading all the winning threads, I couldn't help but take confidence from it. As long as you're patient and dont make mistakes that could impact things further down the line, you too will be posting your success story on here to inspire others. I certainly hope to be doing so fairly soon!

help!!

Do i just ignore the folllowing letter they have sent when i sent them my letter asking for my money

Thankyou for your letter received at this office 5th june 2007

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.

May i take this opportunity to explain that whilst we will endeavour to respond to you within the timescale outlined in your letter, we cannot guarantee that we will do so. Sometimes it does take longer to fully investigate a complaint. However we aim to find a solution within four weeks. If we are not able to do so, we will always write to you explaining what is happening. A full report or an update on our progress will be sent to you within eight weeks

Pleae refer to the enclosed leaflet which provides you with a more detailed explanation on how we will deal with this matter.

Your sincerely

Jonathan Wan

what shall i do?? Wait the 14days as stated in my letter??

Customer Relations Advisor

lol , don't worry kisstina all the letters you get off them will just be standardised copies.

i started my claim last october and got paid out in april , so six months of hell , and i was the same as you , convinced i would be first to go to court and lose.

just follow the advice on here and ask anything no matter how daft it sounds as the answer may be something crucial regarding your claim.

good luck with your claim and your wedding (you will have that dress);)

Kisstina

Everyone of us thinks we will be the ones they take on. In reality it seems that if your claim is straight forward and you have followed the advice on this forum they will settle before you go to court.

Do make sure that you stick to your time table. B's will try every stalling tactic in the book.

• 2 weeks later...

right ok, 14 days have gone by and i'm about to send my next letter asking for my money. I didn't put about the interest in the first so do i put about it now or dont mention any of it until it goes to court? I have read conflicting things about this. Help:confused:

Hi Kissinta

You don't add the 8% interest at this stage. It only gets added when you make a claim.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

thanks just got a tad confused as all the template letters have the interest bits but then i read that you shouldn't until you go to court. Thanks again my fellow welshy!!!:lol:

the interest bits on the letter are for if you are claiming overdraft interest .... can take some working out as you can only claim the proportion of the interest that was a result of the charges