jones vs halifax**WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi i have just sent the preliminary request letter and i have recieved this reponse.

YOUR BANK CHARGES

thank you for your recent complaint. I am sorry you are unhappy about the charges which have been applied to your account.

OUR INVESTIGATION

I have carried out an investigation of your complaint and I am satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied to your account. This letter explains the reasons behind my decision.

Why you have been charged

when you opened your account,you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained that charges would be applied if you did not keep to the terms of the account.from time to time, we have also sent you information about the current level of charges. this information formed part of your agreement with us and we have applied them strictly according tothe terms agreed. we apply these charges because when customers have insufficiant funds in thier account to cover a payment they have asked us to make,this means additional work for us. As a result,we feel it is reasonable to charge for this service.

how we can help

if you continue to manage your account in this way,future charges will be applied to your account.we know you do not want this and we would like to work with you to help you avoid these charges altogether.we offer free banking,which means your account is free of charge,as long as your account is in credit or within an agreed overdaft limit.To ensure your account remains free of charge,it can help by keepnig a running check on how much is in your account.Yopucan get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines,over the phone and online.

outcome

I am sorry to advise you I am declining your complaint.I hope I have explained the reasons for my desicion.

If you have employed someone to handle your complaint on your behalf,please note the following

halifax does not charge you to investigate your complaint

halifax will not be liable for any costs incurred if you do decide to employ a third party to hadle your complaint during this review

in the event any payment was identified as due,in general halifax will only make payment directly to the complainant

should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right.we are keen to resolve your concerns,if we are unable to do so we'll provide you with details of how you can contact the financial ombudsman sevice for help.if i dont hear from you in the next 8 weeks i will assume your happy.

yours sincerely

elijah bailey

so if any one can give me some advice i would be gratefull

thanks

Hi Garry!

Best to stick to one thread IMHO.

That way - you can always BUMP your question.

I'll go now have a look.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

hi yea yees its just there standard fob letter i got one today and i filed my claim just carry to your own timescales just shout if you need help there is always someone around to help

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Garry,

Tilly got there before me!

Yup - that's right.

Proceed onto next stage!

Good luck!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

This is a standard letter, so yes ignore it and carry on with your claim.

If you dont get a response to a message, just use the word "bump" and your thread will be put back to the top of the list.

It gets very confusing when you start multiple posts. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Dusary to the rescue once again.

You are in safe hands Gary. Better to have one thread and then everying is in the one place and someone can look through it and help.

Teamwork here is excellent- thats part of the route to success!!!:)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

• 2 weeks later...

That seems to be their standard response - no acknowledgement, no reply, no apology.

So, like all the other CAGer winners - press on!!!!!!!!

He! He!

My tax disc ran out yesterday, and my MOT.

I'm driving my car down to Perth to have it serviced there tomorrow.

The bill will probably be +£700.

AM I WORRIED?

NOT!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations, I shall change you thread title to Won.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.