Weymouthuk -v- Nat West

weymouthuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

No it shows you are reasonable and have exausted all avenues lets hope im wrong and NW have become reasonable.I have seen a lot less in payment value for the amount of debt.

If you can secure said payment plan just watch out for the thumb screws towards the end of the plan and anyway you have more than enough to defend should /if they do try what I have outlined as a possable scenario

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

We have similar situation with LTSB but no longer use the account so I have sent them letters along the lines of your first one without any fear of repercussions. It is disgraceful how people are being treated when the total debt is made up of unlawful charges, and they actually owe you money. If you moved to another bank you would be in a stronger position.

I know it's not relevant but we just got £1800 back from the natwest on a business claim.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Carl

Make sure you send it spec Del costs £4.30 but can never be denied and again adds to your papertrail.should needs must

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

And I have a fax number for the Birmingham Collections centre, if thats any use? Sort of belt and braces approach, fax it as well as send Special D. Its 0121 566 1521. Have they upped your o/d limit so that you can avoid being charged the overlimit fee of £28 pr month?

Hi Goldlady, Andy & WendyB

Thanks all for your words of encouragement. I have been with another bank for a while now so the NW account is basically frozen and no longer in use.

This letter is more of a tactical move on my part as it puts an extra little something into the mix for a judge to see if it goes that far. I don't assume for one moment that NatWest have become reasonable but at least I can demonstrate that I have made every reasonable effort to engage them in a mature and decent way, something I think any judge would note and something which I feel would stand in my favour. It's not like I'm telling them I don't accept the debt and they should go take a Flying F~~~. Believe me the temptation is strong though.

I will send special delivery, thanks Wendy. I don't mind paying the extra to ensure it is received and signed for. By the way Wendy, check out www.richersounds.com for a good selection of turntables.

Thanks all

Carl.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Quick update for you. Sent the letter above by Special Delivery. Lo and behold I received a letter back, actually signed by a human being saying that they accept my offer of £75.00 per month for the next 6 monts at which point I will need to contact them again. So all good....

Then, a few days later I receive a letter from Green & Co Solicitors saying that Natwest have instructed them to issue proceedings against me but that they would like to offer me the chance to put forward a payment proposal in order to sort the matter without court. So what do I do now? I have a letter from Natwest accepting my offer and then a letter from Green & Co.

I get the distinct impression that NatWest are really disorganised. Should I just copy the letter Natwest sent me and send it to Green & Co?

Carl.

Quick update for you. Sent the letter above by Special Delivery. Lo and behold I received a letter back, actually signed by a human being saying that they accept my offer of £75.00 per month for the next 6 monts at which point I will need to contact them again. So all good....

Excellent!

I get the distinct impression that NatWest are really disorganised. Should I just copy the letter Natwest sent me and send it to Green & Co?

Yes and yes :D

Left hand and right hand springs to mind:)

Yes, I'd do that, send a copy of the Natwest letter with a coveriing letter to Green and Co. Something along the lines of

in reply to your letter of xxxx, please find enclosed a copy of a letter dated xxx from Natwest. As you will see from the letter, I have already made an arrangement with Natwest which they have agreed to, with effect from..... I trust this answers any queries you may have and will bring your interest in this matter to a close. Please confirm, in writing, that you will not be issuing proceedings against me.

Something like that should do the trick, amend as you see fit - I haven't really got my thinking head on at the moment.

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks, I'm back again and need some advice. I'm totting up my latest set of figures (statements arrived within a week!). In the early parts of my statements there is a recurring 'Service Fee'. Can I claim this back? Also later on, the 'Service Fee' seems to dissapear altogether and is replaced by an indentical monthly amount simply listed as 'Charges'. Can I claim this back also?

I would include it in your claim - have you any idea what this 'service fee' was for? It is up to them to prove that whatever the charge was for was legit IMO. We were charged £30 a month by LTSB for something similar which I don't remember agreeing to and included it in our claim. They can dispute it if they want;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Service Fee could well be the charge for Advantage Gold, which is £12 eper month. Natwest have taken to being sneaky and now lump all the charges together so you can't make out whats what. If you've got a £40 charge, that would be £28 overlimit plus £12 Adv Gold, and so on. As far as i know, the a/gold fee isn't reclaimable cos its for a "legit" service. I'll have a look at my statements if I get chance and let you know. Cos I haven't had any charges on my adv gold account for ages (Smug look here, but I'm sure it won't last). However on our current plus account I was 35p overdrawn for which I got charged 28 quid, I can fell a spiralling charge debt creeping up again!.

Here is a list of all charges you can claim...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-867497.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .