Lepster vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lepster, I sent my papers to the court by, Special Delivery, that way I was able to track it all the way there.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And recorded delivery is fine.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

The court will send you your copy of the N1.

It will have a date it is deemed served.

This is the date you now need to go by.

They have 14 days to acknowledge it.

Let us know the date when you recieve it.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks - so now I sit tight and wait for the N1 to come back - what if I have no response by the 14 days?

I have also just requested all my statements from my other halifax account - worth a try I don't think there are many charges but all my money!!

Thanks - so now I sit tight and wait for the N1 to come back - what if I have no response by the 14 days?

I have also just requested all my statements from my other halifax account - worth a try I don't think there are many charges but all my money!!

It is your money, so get it back!!!

Good luck!!:)

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

GO! GO! GO!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hello - This morning I have received my Notice Of Issue (specified amount) from the court - it has all the details on there about when the claim was issued (25 June) they sent it to Halifax on 2 July and it was served deemed today - then it says the defendant has until the 18 July to reply - what do I do now? Just sit and wait until the 18 July for a reply and keep checking the bank account? Then depending on the response tick the appropriate box and send it back to the court??

Sorry but I don't want to mess it up now I have got this close!

I posted a question yesterday and I really need some help!

I have received a letter from the court saying my claim was issued on 25 June and deemed served on 4 July. The defendent has until 18 July to reply. Do I need to do anything?? Get anything ready for court - when does it go to court??

Please help me if you have been here yourself?

hi no they have until the 18th you only have to get things together if they say they are going to defend and send you any paper work through but i dont think you will go that far keep checking your account as they tend just to pay it randomly

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

I posted a question yesterday and I really need some help!

I have received a letter from the court saying my claim was issued on 25 June and deemed served on 4 July. The defendent has until 18 July to reply. Do I need to do anything?? Get anything ready for court - when does it go to court??

Please help me if you have been here yourself?

The court will inform you of any further action you need to take. Read the FAQs and the step by step instructions these will help.

Its very difficult to answer your questions when you have 8!! threads. I have merged them into this one. Please stick to this thread this will allow us to help you. :)

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Hello,

Please could someone help me out - I don't know how to get someone to respond!

I have had a letter back from the court after sending my N1. They have given the Halifax until 14 July to respond - so far I have heard nothing - what do I do??? I don't want to get it wrong at this stage!!

Hiya Lepster,

All you need to do is to post on here and some one will come to help you. ;)

As soon as you file at court, you recieve a letter back, this will have the date your claim was served deemed.

Halifax have 14 days from this date to acknowledge the claim. You will recieve a letter if they do.

If you DONT hear anything back after the 14 days, you can send the letter in the link i have given you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13

Dont worry, your claim is going as it should be.

if you have any more worries just post on here.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Lepster, Dont panic, Halifax tend to leave it until the last possible moment! My 14 days were up yesterday and I had no acknowledgment so ive just sent a letter giving them a further 7 days before I file for judgment. :)

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

I would hang on, they should have acknowledged yesterday, so I rang the court to make sure there was nothing there and then, I sent the letter special delivery. Good Luck Lepster :D

[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

And good luck from me, as well!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Its always an idea to give them an extra seven days- it makes us look So much more reasonable than the banks.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yup - and we know we are! ;-)

'Cuz we wants our money back!

happy0064.gifhappy0064.gifhappy0064.gifhappy0064.gif

Having a YMCA moment there?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hello,

I have got to the N1 stage and Halifax have until 14 July to reply to the courts letter - I received a letter from them yesterday offering me £1,331 which is half the amount owed to me? What do I do now? Accept it?

It quotes:

I would like to explain what accepting my offer means to you. This offer is a goodwill gesture and is in full and final settlement of your complaint against Halifax.

To accept this payment yoiu do not need to take any further action as the payment will be credited to your account within the next 14 days.

If you do not wish to accept our offer, please return this payment and contact me on the above number.

WHAT DO I DO NOW????