Retail store Templates

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the e-mail I am sending to Aria:

Intersimi

Address

To:

Aria Technology Ltd.

Aria House

Belle Vue Avenue

Pottery Lane

Manchester

M12 4AS

Request for repair replacement of Goods

Dear Sir/Madam,

Order Number: xxxxxxxx

RMA Number: xxxx

My request

I am writing to ask you to repair or replace to me the defective Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card.

I understand that under the Sales of Goods Act, goods are to be of an acceptable quality and last for a reasonable amount of time. A graphics card is expected to last in excess of 3 years. The graphics card first purchased in January 2005 and replaced 8 months later due to defect and then defective again after a further 6 months is not a reasonable amount of time.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the Sales of Goods act 1994 and the Sales of Goods act (as amended) 1995. There is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality and durability.

I am frankly shocked that you have not responded to my previous request for assistance.

What I require

I would like for Aria to accept responsibility for the faulty goods and to accept them under their returns policy and repair or replace the faulty item.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters.

I will give you 7 days to reply to me accepting unconditionally my request in principle and letting me know a date by which the matter will be resolved.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 7 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff.

After that will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

Intersimi

regards,

InterSimi

Does anyone have any templates like the Bank templates for sending to retail stores when an item breaks just after the Guarantee

Obviously templates for retail complaints will need customising depending on the complaint.

As a very general template I would use the following:You can find explanations for the words in bold below.

Frances In charge

Retail support manager

Helpful Trading Co

Smalltown

2 March 2005

Dear Ms In charge,

I recently bought ...(give a precise description of what you bought, including colour, model and price) in your shop in Smalltown. When I tried to use this item, I discovered that... (say what went wrong and what the product did not do).

I went back to your shop and the shop assistant, Steve Helpful, said that complaints were dealt with by your department.

I have... (say what evidence you have got)

I would like you to... (tell them exactly what you want)

I believe I am entitled to this under consumer law.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days and hope this matter can be sorted out quickly,

Yours sincerely,

Jane Citizen

Guidelines

Dear Ms In charge: if the person you're writing to is female, try and find out if they're Mrs, Miss or Ms. If you don't know, it's probably best to use 'Ms'.

I have: a receipt is useful, although not essential if you can otherwise prove you bought an item in a shop (for example, by a credit card bill). You'll also need a copy of any description made about a product if you're claiming it's not like its advert. But never send them the original evidence. Keep it safe.

I would like you to: if you act quickly you're entitled to reject faulty goods and get a full refund. Otherwise you're entitled to have problem goods repaired or replaced. If for some reason these remedies are inappropriate, then you're entitled to a price reduction or refund (which takes into account wear and tear of the goods).

I believe I am entitled: unless you're really sure about particular laws, it's best just to hint that you know what your legal rights are and will use them if they don't make a reasonable response.

Reply within 14 days: give them a deadline - 14 days is usually about right.

Jane Citizen: unless you really are concerned about your personal safety, try and give your full name. The sooner you start communicating using first names, the sooner your complaint will be sorted out. It makes everything much more pleasant.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.