Prescription fees?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have spoken to my Mother this morning, who for the last 15years has been taking medication/prescription only. Now the medication is in one box which lasts 3months, but because there are 2 different coloured pills, she is charged for a double prescription £13 every 3months.

Is this correct? And is there anyway around paying the prescription? (she is in full time employment)

Can you be more specific?

When you say the medicine is "two different colours" then presumably you mean that it's two different drugs, or the same drug, but in two different strengths.

Either way this would constitute two different items on a prescription from the GP. Therefore two charges.

Some people can get free nhs prescriptions, google is a good place to start. I found this:

Prepayment of NHS prescription charges : Department of Health - Policy and guidance

That page also gives information on pre-payment, which can sometimes work out cheaper too.

People who have certain medical conditions can get Medical Exemption from charges:

Free or Reduced Cost Prescriptions - Patient UK

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

Guest ArthurP

And is there anyway around paying the prescription? (she is in full time employment)

Move to Wales.:)

why move to wales?? will she be cured?? or is there some freedom of prescription charges act??

jansus:confused:

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Guest ArthurP

Prescription charges were abolished for everybody in Wales on April 1st of this year.

blimey! thats what i love about this site -you learn something new every day.

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

There was also an election on May 3rd of this year. Not that I am in any way insinuating a connection ;-)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Guest ArthurP
There was also an election on May 3rd of this year. Not that I am in any way insinuating a connection ;-)

There was actually a target date of doing this by 2010 and had been promised for about 7 years, so, fair play for bettering their word.