"7Days to pay "

JORDAN SINCLAIR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I my self have started a claim against Nationwide for charges that go back to 2002, I would like to no what members think of the course of action I have taken I told them That I am aware that they have applied charges to my account over 4yrs and that they have 7 days to return them to my account or I will start action at 9.30am on teh 7th day after I sent my letter. My reason for taking such a tough stance is 1 They will charge me five pounds per statement which ammounted to 240 pounds which i just dont have If i did it uinder the DPA that would cost ten pounds but would take up 40 days more if they could get away with it.

We recievd a letter form the nationwide telling us that because we had missed a repayment of over Overdraft they wanted there money now and concluded with this line " Untill such a time as this matter is resolved the collection process will continue"

I do nto see why I should have to work out what they owe as they no what they have taken I can make a rought guess and add a 1000 pounds to the claim If they dont owe this ammount then they can file that in there defence with the correct ammount but they would have to go to court to do that.

I will on teh 7th day walk in to Nationwide Manchester with court papers if they do not repay the money to my account can you imagine if you said to you bank I need 40 days to do this 8 weeks to do that I some how dont think that they would have any of it once the claim is lodged there only have 28 days to respond or get judgement in default. what do members think. I will not let them paly hard ball with me cos for once the balance of power is with me and not them I have ban accounts else where so it matters not if they close the account.

MODERATED POST MOVED TO OWN THREAD

PLEASE DO NOT HI-JACK A THREAD NO MATTER HOW SIMILAR IT IS TO YOUR OWN.YOU HAVE ALSO POSTED THIS SAME MESSAGE TWICE SO THE OTHER ONE HAS BEEN DELETED

Hello Jordan

You would get a better reply if you started your own thread, mods would be able to advise you, I can understand that you want your money back quicker than following the route on this site,as I see it the courts can argue that you have not given them time/an opportunity to resolve the issue ie:pprelim letter 14 days.lba letter 14 days.

I think someone else can advise you re your overdraught issues with them

sorry I cant be of more help, very new to this myself.

copy and paste your post to your own thread and they will come!!!!!!!!!

good luck, jools

Have a good read of all the other threads you can get alot of info that way not just nationwide.

The only problem with that is that should it go to court, will the judge feel you have given them a reasonable time in which to respond? This site recommends 14 days with the polite give my money back letter, then a further 14 days with your letter before action...

Nationwide were very good with my DPA request - I got mine within 2 weeks for a tenner.

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

7 days seems to in my view to be an appropriate ammount of time to give them to sort the matter out the possibly of going waiting 68 dyas is just i think to long they dont wait 68 before they apply there charges.

It would put the banks under far more pressure if people were requesting the money within 7 days and then making there claims on at the start of business on the 7th day once they claim is made they can not drag there heels as to do so will result in judgement against they can sort things out in teh 28days in which they have to to admit ot defend the claim what do you think of that.

7 days in my view is also plenty of time - however, the CPR says 28 days - hence the first 14 day letter, then the second 14 day letter - total 28 days.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------