latest madness from Home Office

Boff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

not about bank charges but very definitely worth bringing to peoples attention

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6686415.s...

anyone else see this latest from our wonderful Home Office?

apparently (and i admit i only caught part of the item on the news) John Reid has said the government may have to opt out of some aspects of the European Human Rights laws when dealing with terror suspects.

apparently Control Orders don't work so he has decided to just take a hatchet to the Human Rights Act to solve the problem.

mind you it looks like the Tories and Lib Dems are no better, urging greater use of phone taps and other 'intercept evidence' to bring more suspects to trial.

so basically, if they dont have any evidence agasint you but someone reckons you might just be one of them dodgy terrorist types then they slap you with a Control Order. you maybe have to wear an electronic tag and report to the local police every day.

but now not satisfied with that, Reid has decided he wants to be able to lock these people up.

we dont need to bother with all that silly evidence business. its fine we'll just rip up the Human Rights Act then we can do what we want. i mean who really cares if these people are innocent or not. i mean look at them. they're muslims. they must be guilty.