S.a.r Dwp????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I have a question!!!!

Can you S.A.R the Department of Work and Pensions? (DWP)?

Cheers. Lisa xx

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Just subscribing to your thread. DWP are being very mean to me and I would like to do something about it.

Sorry but I do not know the answear to your question. I think this lot are in a law of their own!! Id be surprised if they even knew what a SAR was.

Yes, you can as they store data about you and so you have a right to make the request under the Data Protection Act. You will probably have to pay £10 but no more.

Agree entirely

Did you know that about 18 months ago DWP introduced, (by the back door)an additional clause in application forms for new claimants.

Basically it says that in signing the application you agree to the disclosure of your personal info by DWP to organisations within the private sector, eg banks

I will root out the actual wording if anyone needs it

Guest strangewayofsavin

When you do send a SAR, give them a clip for me, I got a letter last year saying they wanted over paid unemployment benefit from 1991, so I informed them of the 6 year barred stature, so they will now take it from my pension, without even giving proof of debt, so I think I will do a CCA request.:-x

When you do send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), give them a clip for me, I got a letter last year saying they wanted over paid unemployment benefit from 1991, so I informed them of the 6 year barred stature, so they will now take it from my pension, without even giving proof of debt, so I think I will do a CCA request.:-x

Erm, isn't that the same as the bank taking your benefits? Do the same rules apply?

Yoda x:confused:

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" - Martin Luther King Jr

Guest strangewayofsavin

no, its the government, and there are slightly different rules (funny that), they have to abide by the statute laws i.e 6 years barred, data protection etc, but can implement new twists to get their own way, so if you was over paid benefits, and the 6 years have gone by, they cannot take you to court, but can take it back out of future benefits or your pension, like there's going to be a state pension for me in 2040.

They should be able to do you a written breakdown of when/how the overpayment happened and how it was calculated and you do have a right of appeal relating to overpayments, but unless you can prove it was official error caused the overpayment they will still push for repayment. My understanding is the consumer credit act wouldn't apply. When you sign a benefit claim form it usually has a declaration you sign that goes on about you accept if you fail to declare something relavant you will have to repay any overpayment I believe. I would defo ask for further info relating to how the overpayment occurred.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Opps also meant to say the DWP is defo covered by the data protection act etc and you can ask for all your info, but alot of stuff both computer and paperwork is destroyed on a regular basis. Mind you would have thought the papers relating to the overpayment should have been kept until such time as the overpayment is either written off or paid back.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

so I think I will do a CCA request.

:lol:

The CCA is not applicable here, for what I hope should be obvious reasons.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941