chubbas dad v reliance & fester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oooooooooh on a more serious note.if a claim was issued on the 21 may 07,when would the 14 days be up?:rolleyes:

Yep, Yesterday?? Check MCOL

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad: hmmmmmmmm,checked mcol,and it wont let me win by default:mad: says that the defendant is allowed 14 days,but i thought the same as you.so maybe its 3 days after issue that its served and so the 14 will be up on thursday?omg im stressing again:mad:

I cant remember now...If they have sent their defence is it 14 days or 28? If it says 14 days i'd ring MCOL or email them and check, they'll be able to confirm the dates for you.

J

:eek: on this claim (with lloyds) its 14 days because they have not submitted a defence.i will try everyday this week to win by default, then on friday if there is no change i will contact the court:-D

Fingers crossedXX I'm not sure how LLoyds work, some of the banks do'nt file a defence and people win by default. Good Luck, lets hope this ones easy.

Jen

hiya

have they acknowledged the claim? cos they have 14 days to acknowledge then when they do they get another 14 days to file the defence (I think thats how it goes), then you might or might not get allocation questionnaire to fill in. If they haven't acknowledged then v good think you can get judgement. If I have got that wrong then someone will say.

kate

:D ty jenny.still trawling through some threads.hopefully something will happen tomorrow.mail , cheque , settlement, thanks, all done and dusted.(if your lookin in mr wragge or a & l peeps) gimmee my mony, and stop any further embarrasement to yourselves ..........................................please:)

:x no post today........and still, the returned cheque offer has not been signed for.so i presume it has not been delivered.:x on the bright side the letter to wragges has been delivered,so they are getting a taste of their own medicine today.that makes me feel a bit better:cool:

1245 PM on the 30 may 2007.recived my offer of settlement,and i cant stop laughing. i claimed £4037 and the offer is for £472.50.:p i have the scissors handy, and a nice new envelope and stamp.the letter is stateing the difference between the £12 charge and the usual ex gratia basis......... blah blah blah......;) its on its way back to them today, post haste, with the thanks but no thanks letter.:)

that letter was sent on the 31 may 2007,via track and trace.to my dissapointment, after speaking to the post office today,i have been iformed it has not been signed for and will be classed as lost on the 18 june:-x i am so annoyed with the post office :-x and with a & l, if they have not signed for it on purpose i cant prove it ,and wont be able to prove i sent there cheque back.i am going stir crazy now.any advice from anyone plz:smile:

Hi Luvvy....Try not to worry, i didnt send my chq back recorded, but i wrote to wraggies and asked them to confirm receipt. You have covered your back and have postal receipt....thats your proof...and of course they can check the chq hasnt been cashed. You've done your bit!!

Jen

:D hi luvvy...................that has realy sorted me out,:smile: ty jenny.i may just pop another letter to a & l in post saying, nty for the offer, and sorry its been lost in post, but heres another,unfortunately your chq is missing but i aint cashed it .................i pwomise:rolleyes: what do you think worth a shot????

I got an offer through today a measly £530 (mine is over £2000 claim). It's the SECOND time they've offered me this amount! They sent a cheque when they sent me the first offer and said I should destroy the cheque or send it back so I don't think they'll pursue you too much about the cheque as long as it hasn't been cashed that's the main thing. In this offer I just received they gave me an envelope to return my response in and said that they would credit my account immediately if I accepted. I guess it's just more ways of trying to tempt people into discontinuing their court claim...

Don't give up!

I'd just ask them to confirm in writing they've received it??

then its not sounding as though its been lost...u r just chasing it up.

Jen

:D ok i have penned the please confirm reciet letter, :smile: and enclosed the last letter,:smile: and a copy of the claim (mcol) form for good measure:smile: post that special delivery so its gauranteed tomorrow:D
not gonna post it today as it will get there on a saturday,gonna post it on saturday so its delivered on monday.i think thats what happened with the last letter.see i told you blonde dont suit me .:grin:

got my acknowledgement of service from lloyds today,so now i have two cases running a few weeks apart,hooooray for me.gonna be tuff doing both at same time. but im gonna try to enjoy it again like i did at the start :Dthe solicitor is in brighton-sechiari clark and mitchell.anyone else had dealings with them?

got my acknowledgement of service from lloyds today,so now i have two cases running a few weeks apart,hooooray for me.gonna be tuff doing both at same time. but im gonna try to enjoy it again like i did at the start :Dthe solicitor is in brighton-sechiari clark and mitchell.anyone else had dealings with them?

I admire anyone who takes on more than one bank at a time:rolleyes: Mind you, surely no bank are as "stubborn" as A&L:-|

x

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

:D eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep up so early on a saturday!!!!!!!thanks mimi, but i didnt intentionaly get them going together.my partner was doing hers and now i seem to be doing it lol.i heard the door and rushed out of my bed,but it was only a freebie paper ....................no heavy duty bank cheque to feed my account with :( soon......second post .......we wait impatiently for the second:D by the way .morning all.chins up and best foot forwards,stiff upper lip,break a leg,and hang in there,phew cant think of any more, laters . chubbs:cool: