Fraud Victims.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
When someone has been a victim of fraud and the bank decides to reimberse the customer by recrediting the account, does that money come from the banks own revenues or are they covered by insurance?

Their own revenues. There's no point in them insuring - they'd pay more in premiums than they'd recover.

PhiltheBear

Lloyds TSB - At the Sign of Flogging a Dead Horse

Basically banks will "self-insure" for losses up to a certain limit per event or aggregated amount. The larger banks (Global) will self insure to a lot higher figure than say a small provincial bulding society.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

I wonder what the banks self insured interest rate is.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

• 6 months later...

I know that Abbey insure up to £30,000 per account. Anything above is not covered! Also wanted to air my anger in the fact fraud dept. is only open Mon -- Fri 9-5?? do people only commit fraud in these times???

i watched someones account be cleared out and couldnt say anything to the poor woman due to the FSA . she was in for a shock on monday morning :[

I couldnt report it untill then and i couldt advise a cust that there was fraudulent activity on the account either

• 3 months later...

Well i contacted several companies and asked to speak to their fraud dept as i have some information with regards to the accounts that they are inquiring about and were not mine and would like to talk to them to give them information on tracking down the right person on who set the accounts up. All i ever get is sorry we dont have telephone numbers to our fraud dept or they dont even have telephones or they wont speak to consumers who have been defrauded and so on and so on. How stupid is that, that you cant speak to anyone in relation to fraud at certain companies.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180