Change of address during court process ??

elisedriver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm after a bit of advice here.

I've just moved from Leeds to S****horpe, and whereas predicting this move I filed all my N1's at S****horpe County Court, I'm wondering what the best course of action is regarding to notifying a change of address.

I've got all my mail being redirected to the new house via the Royal Mail Redirection service - and the stupid thing is that so far, everything has been delivered quicker after redirection than direct to the old house.

However, when it comes to deadlines, I presume that post may take an extra day to get to me.

If I write a letter stating the change of the address to all of the following :

• The County Court
  • The solicitors named on the 'Intend to Defend' forms received
  • The bank directly

then do you think it will delay the process ?

** oh - on message preview I notice my new home is replaced by ****'s. For that, read the town in North Lincolnshire that makes a lot of Steel and has a very naughty swearword in it's spelling.

ABBEY : Seeking £1500 : Default Judgement Received - now set aside- AQ dispensed, awaiting court date

Barclaycard : WON : Seeking £380, offered £152. : Full settlement £510 + costs

EGG Card : WON : £168 FULL SETTLEMENT within 3 Weeks

HSBC : WON : Sought £1500+ : Full Settlement £2375.89 received 4 months start to end

I'm after a bit of advice here.

I've just moved from Leeds to S****horpe, and whereas predicting this move I filed all my N1's at S****horpe County Court, I'm wondering what the best course of action is regarding to notifying a change of address.

I've got all my mail being redirected to the new house via the Royal Mail Redirection service - and the stupid thing is that so far, everything has been delivered quicker after redirection than direct to the old house.

However, when it comes to deadlines, I presume that post may take an extra day to get to me.

If I write a letter stating the change of the address to all of the following :

• The County Court
  • The solicitors named on the 'Intend to Defend' forms received
  • The bank directly

then do you think it will delay the process ?

** oh - on message preview I notice my new home is replaced by ****'s. For that, read the town in North Lincolnshire that makes a lot of Steel and has a very naughty swearword in it's spelling.

Firstly PMSL @ the correction thingy!!! Can't believe it corrects S****horpe!

I would ring the court office & ask them what you must do officially - I'm presuming it will just be a letter & not classed as an official amendment but I'm really not 100% sure ... better safe than sorry I spose!

We have a redirect on our mail at work atm & I would say that it delays it by more than a day!

Hope this helps a little ? :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Just to update.

I spoke with the courts office today and discussed the matter in some detail.

The very nice chap at the other end of the phone actually took the details over the phone for all of my three current cases - and merely asked me to send a letter in to confirm the change of details.

Although the courts themselves will notify the defendants, he advised I sent a covering note to each of the banks involved - sent direct to the solicitors / address stated on the 'intend to defend' paperwork.

For Barclaycard, as they still haven't responded to my N1 form, then he advised I send their letter to the same address the N1 was filed against.

Hope this clarifies for other people.

ABBEY : Seeking £1500 : Default Judgement Received - now set aside- AQ dispensed, awaiting court date

Barclaycard : WON : Seeking £380, offered £152. : Full settlement £510 + costs

EGG Card : WON : £168 FULL SETTLEMENT within 3 Weeks

HSBC : WON : Sought £1500+ : Full Settlement £2375.89 received 4 months start to end

I would go with the advice of the court, and send a letter to the bank/solicitor by recorded/signed for post. I would also confirm with the court that they have amended your claim details in a few days time...

This happened to me last year, and it turned out that the court had sent prelim hearing papers to my old address, and it was only an offchance call to enquire what was happening that saved the day...with less than 24 hours to go...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi elise,

Follow Phoenixs advice and also note the name of the 'nice chap'. We had the same situation arise where redirected mail did NOT make it and are now fighting a strike out due to lack of reponse. Also the Court office were inclined to deny any knowledge.