Alphageek Vs Capital One ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hehehe. I like the court scenario x :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, chortle!! Good stuff AG, keep it up :p

:D

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter from them dated 21 April.

21 April 2008

Dear AlphaGeeK

Court Claim number: x

Claimant: AlphaGeeK

Defendant: Capital One Bank (Europe) pic

Following my email dated 20 March 2008, I regret to inform you that we have not been able to amend your credit file within 28 days from 17 March 2008 due to an unforeseen internal problem.

I have spoken with the relevant department who has informed me that the amendments to remove the late marks from your credit file from June 2007 until March 2008 should now show on your credit files within 48 hours from today.

Please can you confirm that once you have checked your credit file and the amendments are made that you will discontinue your claim and the hearing on 2 May 2008 will be vacated. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Yours sincerely,

PERSON

Legal Department

For and on behalf of

Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

To which I have replied.

Dear PERSON

I am in receipt of your letter dated 21 April 2008, the contents of which I am very disappointed with. An organisation the size of Capital One having an “unforeseen internal problem” lasting for a whole 28 days is rather stretching credibility somewhat.

You will be aware that I have copied the Court with all correspondence between us. You most recent letter puts me in a difficult position.

I can verify you have amended, on 21 April, the data you publish jointly with Experian via their own website. Far outwith the time frame you undertook.

I cannot verify you have amended the data you publish jointly with Equifax and/or Callcredit.

I considered my position very carefully on March 17 and found that allowing you 28 days to amend the data would give you enough time to carry out the amendment and for the service I use for verification (checkmyfile.com) to have generated its monthly updates which I calculated would be on the 16 April (giving you at least one extra day).

Indeed, checkmyfile did generate their reports on 16 April and I see this published by you and:

Equifax: [screenshot deleted from here]

and Callcredit: [screenshot deleted from here]

Your inaction means there is now no time between now and the appointed Court date of 2 May to enable me to verify you have amended the data as promised.

Given your broken promises, I do wonder if I should be minded to trust you at your word or let you send a locum to the hearing, who doubtless will have little knowledge of the case but big ideas on how to draw up their invoice to you. You could then present your evidence before the Judge.

I am scheduled to work my normal hours on 2 May so would have to ask the Judge for the Litigant in Person rate and whatever expenses he deems fit should I need to take a day’s unpaid leave and he finds in my favour.

Please set out your position by noon, 24 April at the latest.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

This beggars belief doesnt it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Received via email

Dear Alphageek

Thank you for your email.

Again I apologise for the delay in amending your credit file. I have

been advised by a member of the credit file amendment team that all 3

credit reference agencies will show the amendments.

On the basis that we have agreed to make the amendments to your credit

file I do not believe the hearing on 2 May is necessary. If you would

like to obtain a copy of your credit file with Equifax and Callcredit,

we will reimburse you for the cost.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Yours sincerely

PERSON

Legal Department

Capital One Bank

Replied

Dear PERSON,

The terms you use are vague: '3 credit reference agencies will

show', 'agreed to make'- they do not convey you have kept

to our agreement.

You now have two options.

1 Provide me with a scanned copy of the documents you sent to

Callcredit and Equifax.

2 File an N285 - General form of affidavit, stating the actions

you have carried out and provide me with a copy.

It is in your interests to avoid this Court hearing and I offer the two

options above in an attempt to avoid putting you to further costs.

Yours sincerely

Alphageek.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Email received.

Dear Alphageek

'3 credit reference agencies' refers to Equifax, Experian and Callcredit.

The 'agreed to make' refers to removing the late marks from you credit file from June 2007 until 17 March 2008.

I can send a letter to York County Court to confirm the terms of our settlement and that you have been sent the cheque for 75 and that on 21 April 2008, the late marks from June 2007 until 17 March 2008 were removed from your credit reports with Equifax, Experian and Callcredit.

Yours sincerely

PERSON

Legal Department

Capital One Bank

Email reply.

Dear PERSON,

I have given your latest proposal some thought and agree to add it as a 3rd option on one condition. That being you copy the letter to me as an attachement and send it to the Court via Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service and let me have the tracking number.

I will use the Royal Mail's website to verify delivery. Once the Court is in receipt, I shall seek a discontinuance.

With time being short, I am sure you will agree that this task should not be left to the administration department who have put you in this pickle in the first place.

Yours sincerely,

Alphageek

Way to go Alpha ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

:D I like it. x

BCOBS

Another exchange.

Received.

The Court Manager

XXX County Court

24 April 2008

Dear Sir

Court Claim number: x

Claimant: Alphageek

Defendant: Capital One Bank (Europe) plc

Hearing: 2 May 2008: 14:00

On 17 March 2008 in settlement of the above claim the Defendant agreed to:

Reimburse the Claimant £75 for the hearing fee paid; and Within 28 days, remove the late payment marks on the Claimant’s credit file recorded with the following credit reference agencies: - Equifax, Experian and Callcredit.

The claimant agreed to:

Discontinue his claim.

I can confirm that the Claimant has been sent a cheque for £75 for the hearing fee. We were unable to amend the Claimant’s credit file within the 28 days stipulated. However I can confirm that the late marks recorded with the credit reference agencies were removed on 21 April 2008.

The Claimant has stated that on receipt of this letter he will discontinue his claim. On the basis that the parties have reached and agreement to settle this claim, we ask that the hearing on 2 May 3008 is vacated and the claim dismissed.

Yours faithfully

PERSON

Litigation Paralegal

For and on behalf of Capital One

Bank (Europe) plc

Sent.

Dear PERSON,

You do not seem to have enclosed the tracking number to enable me to verify delivery to the Court. I am sure this is an oversight.

I look forward to its receipt by return.

Yours sincerely,

Alphageek.

They keep trying to slip one past you dont they?. :)

BCOBS

In all seriousness, there isn't time for me to get a report from Equifax and Callcredit and there probably isn't time for me to write to the Court and get confirmation that Capital One had filed their letter.

Goodness knows why, but I am trying to help prevent them having to send some feckless locum and getting a CCJ registered against them.

If the silly PERSON has sent the letter via normal mail, then the offer I made has not been taken. I am sure my emails were in PIL and if they can't read or are willing to play brinkmanship this close to Court then I am willing to meet the apointment with the DJ.

There is the point that I have offered to settle for less than I claimed, made concessions on further fees levied during the life of this case and if we go to court, the CI and Stat 8% between our 'agreement' and May 02 will mean they will have to pay me more than they have so far when the Judge rules in my favour.

The locum's fee, my litigant in person costs, additional interest and whatever else the Judge awards is probably going to cost them about £500.

Yes, I have never had to call the Court for any reason but I have read lots on here from people who have and been told that they should wait a few days as the admin is behind with their work load.

Cap One don't have time on their side.

hi alpha geek, i am due in court soon and am trying to prepare a bundle but am having trouble locating some of the extras which you used which i think maybe usefull to me,namely the differant oft stuff.

i have found the Calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts (April 2006

but cant find the others could you help?

voyager9

nationwide settled in full 7/06/2007

yorkshire bank settled in full 15/06/2007

capital one filed at court 06/06/2007 acknowledged 15/6 defence received 30/6 AQ sent 2/7 with application for summary judgement--hearing date 18 sept foe defence to be struck out

cahoot filed at court 25/06/2007 to acknowledge default judgement granted 27/06###won###settled in full

HBOS filed at court acknowledged 20/06/2007 default judgement granted 16th july so won

its ok have found them

voyager9:o

nationwide settled in full 7/06/2007

yorkshire bank settled in full 15/06/2007

capital one filed at court 06/06/2007 acknowledged 15/6 defence received 30/6 AQ sent 2/7 with application for summary judgement--hearing date 18 sept foe defence to be struck out

cahoot filed at court 25/06/2007 to acknowledge default judgement granted 27/06###won###settled in full

HBOS filed at court acknowledged 20/06/2007 default judgement granted 16th july so won

• 2 weeks later...

Right, they have paid up and removed adverse CRA data. Time for a thread title change.

I have filed a Notice of discontinuance (n279).

Just preparing my wasted costs order now :D

I am pretty certain I have seen the sum of £9.25 per hour quoted. :D

BCOBS

Ok, every in and out action has been particularised on a spreadsheet.

Sub totals 18h:55m:00s

Hourly rate £9.25

Plus actual costs £17.40

Grand Total £192.38

Should put a nice smile on their face when they get this letter.

Thanks, that's the litigant in person rate so I had used that already.

Aha, I wonder whether that is where I had seen it. !!.

BCOBS