raminco v halifax ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been charged several times for going over my overdraft limit and missing direct debits etc over the years so I thought id have a go at claiming them back fom halifax, seeing as others are and are being successful.

I have sent a letter to my bank (Halifax) telling them I want to see a copy of all the charges they have made to my account over the past 6 years and have given them 40 days to respond. I sent it 8 March.

Let’s see what happens!

Update:

I waited for my list of charges to come back and the deadline came and went.

I phoned up Halifax to ask what was happening and was told there was no record of my letter on file but they would process the request over the phone and send the list out to me. I wasn’t very impressed but decided not to push it (that‘ll come later!) and two days later I received a letter (with the list of bank charges) that started “in response to you letter dated 8th March…” I am a little surprised to get this so I will wait and see what happens with my telephone request!

It will be interesting to see as they have missed out a whole year (2005) on my charges so I will be curious to compare…

So, the total charges (which I agree, is fantastic fun totting up) reached £3,800! Shocked I added on the extra 8% interest which was another £600 coming to a grand total of £4,500!

In response I have sent another letter to the bank asking for my charges back including the interest.

Im feeling a little more confident now after having a good read of this fantastic site and very encouraged by the success stories

Fingers crossed, let see what happens!

Hi, Raminco.

You seem to have things under control. Stick to your timetable and you will get your cash back. The Bank will do everthing they can to fob you off. Just hang in there and you'll get a result.

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Scott

I got the letter back from the Halifax today. I must admit i am a bit apprehensive about opening it...

I know what they will say already but i cant believe i am going through with it!!

That's the spirit. Keep us posted.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lewhay thanks it gives me hope. I went to the MCOL website to fill out the online court form but have to wait a few days as the court fees are £120 and i cant afford that at the moment.

I'm getting a bit nervous about it all and very worried i'll do something to mess it up

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, last night i completed the MCOL details but now i need to send the letter off with my listed charges which i am going to do. also in the section under how to do MCOL properly it says you need to PM a Mod with details of your claim for the Litigation in Progress forum:

Your name v Bank Name

Claim number: XXXXXX

Issued: xx/xx/xx

Court: MCOLor XXXX County Court

Charges: £XXXX

Interest: £XXX

Costs: £XXX

Total Claim: £XXXXX

anyone around to send this info over to? Id much appreciate it!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

well halifax have acknowledged my claim.

not sure what i need to do now. i think i need to send things off but im not quite sure what my next step is.

can anyone adivse please?

Go through this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

.... ticking off the stages that you have completed.

All the letters you require are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Any questions - just ask!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Ok, where I’m at.

I filed a claim at MCOL on 18/6 to reclaim my bank charges. That claim was acknowledged by Halifax on 4/7.

On Thursday 5/7 I received an offer from the bank offering me less than half (£2000) of my claim as settlement.

Not sure what I should do now.

Should I just ignore the letter and sit out the 28 days until they (hopefully don’t ) enter a defence?

Or should I acknowledge their letter and say thanks but I am still claiming the rest?

I should I ring them up and try my luck at getting the full amount by talking over the phone?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your help. i wish i could be online more but my job prevents me from doing this.

So, i replied with the letter thanks but no thanks and i checked my account to find an extra £2,000 from the bank!

It looks very nice but i wont touch it until i have seen this through.

But now it is in there, can Halifax remove it at any time or now its in my account is it mine whatever happens?

what date was your claim deemed served. This will be on the court letter.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I think if you have rejected it outright, they are able to remove it - if you sent letter of partial payment - it's yours :)

I rejected it outright. Oh well, better not touch it! Grrrr

Mmmmm!

Tell you what - STILL send off the Rejection letter (NUMBER 2) by REGISTERED POST!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Go!

It won't do any harm!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Do you think i should that letter off as well?

Cant do any harm can it? alright i'll do that tomorrow.

On a side issue - I am trying to get a mortgage and was recommended Halifax by the person looking after the financial things for me!!! Can they be awkward over this or should i go with the recommendation?

• Haha 1

Go for it!

As for the "side issue" - HBOSplc are so disorganised that they'll never spot the connection!

:p

Guess what - IVE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a letter through the post today mentioning that they have acknowledged the claim but because of financial reasons they are giving me all my charges back, plus the interest, plus all the fees! They're giving me everything!!!

I am so excited, it has come just at the right time with me trying to get a flat. I had convinced myself mine would be going to court and I cant believe they have settled the claim in full!

Thank you so much to all above who have helped. I couldn’t of done this without the help of this site and I recommend anyone who has been charged unfairly to get YOUR money back!