Littlewoods Agreement for Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can any legal seagulls help me with the answer to this please as I have just had a reponse back from Littlewoods Shop Direct Group re insurance.

As follows:

Referring to your request that we refund Insurance charges in the absence of a signed agreement,

there is no legal requirement for any customr to sign an agreement for insurance

.Extra care insurance was originally sold on your Littlewoods account in June 2000

and on your D=LX Direct accountin June 2001;

these were telephone sales and at the point of acceptance a Certificate of Insurance was mailed to your home address on both occassions.

This paperwork detailed all the benefits that the cover provided and also explained the cancellation procedure,

should you have felt that the insurance would not be of any benefit to you personally.

Because these were telephone sales there is no written document of agreement.

Sufficient evidence is supplied that an Insurance Policy is in place , both by the issuing of a Certificate of Insurance

and also by the charges at anytime showing on every account statement.

They have also added interest on the payments and replied in my SAR that they could not produce the Certificate of Insurance as it has expired.:confused:

"there is no legal requirement for any customr to sign an agreement for insurance"

Now that is a very interesting comment, so they seem to think that they can simply send out an insurance policy and charge you for it without providing any evidence at all that you had in fact agreed to it.

Now I am no legal eagle but I can smell a Rat here.

They have also stated that the policy has expired, are you still making payments for PPI ?

Can you remember agreeing to this Insurance in a telephone conversation ? if a telephone conversation did in fact ever take place.

Did you ever in fact recieve any documentation or policies relating to the PPI ?

I for one would not accept their response to this one, I would be inclined to follow this up with a LBA demanding that all PPI payments plus Interest at the contractual rate are refunded.

If they cannot supply you with any actual evidence that you requested this PPI on both of your Accounts then I would recon that they are basically giving you the run around.

Ian

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Thanks Ian

It was in 2001 2003, I can't remember agreeing to anything as my hubby was self employed at the time and i worked for him part time so I don't think this would of been any use anyway. I let the payments continue because I was unsure what was happening and thought they knew best up until now of course.