where do i get statyements from

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Kilbo and welcome

You need to send this letter adding in your own personal details of course , ideally deal with your claim via your local branch .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Make sure you get some form of receipt for acceptance of the letter i.e recorded delivery , proof of posting , or do what I did and hand deliver it to your branch and ask them to sign to say they have received it .

Good luck

Jules

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

To NOTE THOUGH!!

Under the data protection act, the bank has what is called the Data Controller - they are usually located at the head office.

A copy of the act is here.

Data Protection Act 1998

While the branch may accept the request - they will have to forward it the data controller which is head office.

So................................

Send the letter addressed to :

Data Controller

Banks Head office Address

Include £10 which is a fee they have a right to charge under the act and ensure you get proof of postage.

This means you have complied with the ACT. Letters to branches can delay the process as has been found before with Data Protection Delays.

This ensures you comply, and that it is going to the right place.

Jules rightfully gave you the link above.

You can than spend the 40 days waiting for the information but can look around at what the tiimetable will be and what steps are next.

A great link is below which sets out a sample of the process. The links are on the right.

www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Chat -- is a great way to ask questions instantly! so come on in and meet new friends and find support.

Look me up if you need more help! Step 1 is the letter.

Good luck!

***************Jules brought to my attention that while this is correct, leeds is the place to send communication and is on the list I have for data information to be sent to....

... so he gave me the address -:

Brunswick Point

Wade Lane

LEEDS

LS2 8NQ

YB's head office is in Leeds kilbo so I'd use the address that ChloeJane gave you. If you get to the stage where you file at court then you will start to get letters from Clydesdale's .oO( Clydesdale PLC trading as Yorkshire Bank) legal team who are in Glasgow. Stick to the English addresses for now though. All confusing I know :rolleyes:

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions