style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As, some people who work for this company kindly offer advice, just wanted to ask if new customers are required to sign an agreement. I spoke to Powergen recently on behalf of someone else disputing a bill and they said that customers no longer sign an agreement its done over the phone/internet?

I was confused by this and said someone such as a landlord could open an account in a tenants name without their permisson and I was told by them that if there is a dispute, we would ask to see a tenancy agreement to prove who was living there. Is this true, do customers no longer have to sign? seems strange to me.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Yes it's true. If a customer calls any energy company they can sign up without having to sign an agreement and the details can be taken over the phone to make the transfer. If a property has an electric meter, there has to be a supplier even if the property was empty, someone has to be responsible for it so in this case the landlord. They would get the bills when the property was empty and when someone moved in the landlord or tenant would phone the supplier to have an account opened in the tenants name with meter readings taken from the day they moved in and the old account would automatically be closed down to the same readings. The tenant then has the choice to stay with the present supplier or they can move to an new company by calling them and making the transfer. If no meter reads were given to the supplier when the accounts were opened and closed the supplier would have no choice but to estimate the meter readings. Powergen do not have a standing charge so the date isn't that important. What is important is the correct meter readings.