Removal of default notices on credit record?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know we'll remove the default if the only balance was charges.

If you didn't pay before the default notice was issued and the balance was your transactions and charges, we wont remove it.

This is because we're bound by our credit licence to report a true and accurate picture of the way you've managed your account. If your balance included your transactions, you're obliged to pay for them. even if you're disputing part of the balance, you still have a part that you're not disputing that you have to pay for and didn't.

I don't know whats happening with those who've gone to court. I can only say what I've been told and that's if any part of the bal was genuine and no payments made the default is correct.

Also there is a hugh difference between settling a default and removing it. If you can't get the default removed because of a genuine balance and definately go for the next best option of gettingit showed as settled.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i'll give you an example which might help.

Say your balance was £200 and you paid this in full but it was a few days late so a late payment charge and interest would be added (say £25). This would give you a balance of £25 (because you cleared the previous balance in full).

If you then didn't pay and the account eventuallt defaulted six months later for £150. We'd be able to remove the default because the balance was just charges as the £200 payment had cleared your transactions.

If your balance was £200 and you only paid £10 but paid it late, getting charges. you then refused to pay because of the charge you received, causing more charges and the account eventually defaults for £365. We'd be unable to remove the default because even if all the fees were refundedm you'd still have your original £200 that you've not paid for.

As I said before, i don't deal with those going through court claims. The amounts I deal with, the refunds still don't clear the balance. So I can't tell you what would happen to the default if the refunds cleared the balance.

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks