Please can someone help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what I did, but it's really up to you and what you feel comfortable doing, its not compulsory, so don't feel like you have too. I can't say what you should do, have a read and a think with a drink!!!!:)

Also i am claiming from jan 2001 to jan 2007 so effectively that isnt out of the 6 yrs time status, yet in their defence they are stating otherwise......what do i do with regards to that?

Makes no difference, you can claim back 12yrs or more now so pay no attention to their claims.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Yes Dar£n i sent them before i actually received the defence letter and that was via recorded delivery. The others were all handed in over the counter in my local barclays branch, so they definately would have received them.

Also i got a new dilemma now, i received a letter yesterday stating that my case had been tranferred to my local court and now its being sent down to Cardiff court????? why is that?? help do i need to start getting my court bundle etc together?? i have not beeen given a date or anything as yet.

i was also thinking will they keep on adding daily interest onto my claim?? or do i need to be calculating it? as far as i was aware i thought i could only claim the amount plus the interest up to the date i completeed the MCOL and that was it, is that correct??

PLease help me..................

i was also thinking will they keep on adding daily interest onto my claim?? or do i need to be calculating it? as far as i was aware i thought i could only claim the amount plus the interest up to the date i completeed the MCOL and that was it, is that correct??

PLease help me..................

Hi, you have completed your SOC's on a spreadsheet?????

if so this will calculate the interest automatically, every day you open the worksheet it will recalculate to todays date.

the interest accrues until the date of settlement.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

As you've now received a copy of their defence ring the number on it for their litigation department, speak to the person in charge of your claim and ask to settle out of court. They will do so in full. Good luck.

Munchkin

Egg - settled in full at LBA

Barclaycard - settled in full after defence issued but before hearing date advised

Barclays - settled in full after defence issued but before hearing date advised

Hi, you have completed your SOC's on a spreadsheet?????

if so this will calculate the interest automatically, every day you open the worksheet it will recalculate to todays date.

the interest accrues until the date of settlement.

unfortunately i didnt use the spreadsheet from this site i used the one on martin moneysavers website....shall i input the info onto the sheet on here now??

In the POC you should have stated a daily interset payment , ie 25p per day since the claim date.

SO if they settle 30 days after your claim date you add 30 x 25p to the total

Paul

sorry i am dumb but what is the POC?? i wasnt aware i needed to input a daily interest rate either?aw god is this all going wrong for me??!

As you've now received a copy of their defence ring the number on it for their litigation department, speak to the person in charge of your claim and ask to settle out of court. They will do so in full. Good luck.

i thought i was only able to ring them and ask to settle once i had received a court date is that right??

unfortunately i didnt use the spreadsheet from this site i used the one on martin moneysavers website....shall i input the info onto the sheet on here now??

I would do, in my opinion the spreadsheet here is good and will adjust the interst figures each day

sorry i am dumb but what is the POC?? i wasnt aware i needed to input a daily interest rate either?aw god is this all going wrong for me??!

Particulars of Claim:

Did you have a line like this in it:

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

The daily rate is (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day

i thought i was only able to ring them and ask to settle once i had received a court date is that right??

Generally yes, but its worth a try. BUT i would make sure your figures are up to date so you can confirmt the amounts

Hope this helps

PAul

Hey Guys

Im stuck again!!surprise surprise!

I have now tried to upload the spreadsheet that calculates all the charges and interest for you and for some reason an error message is coming up saying it cant display the item?? please can someone help??

Also i just want to ask do i need to start getting the court bundle now or do i just wait for the court date and then sort out the bundle??

And another query, do i ring the bank up now or is it best to wait and ring them up once iv had a court date??

And if i did ring up the bank now.....

a) who do i ask to speak to? and what number do i ring

b) what do i actually say??????

And in the court bundle i noticed that its asking you to print out stuff but where do u put your information??

sorry for the questions but i would be more than grateful if someone can give me all the answers!!

Hi

Have a read of the link below 'guide to court'

I wouldnt bother to call the bank until youve got a date.

Theres no harm in starting to prep your docs for the court bundle, the more time to have to read and understand it, the better.

Just get ONE copy ready for now, then when the time comes you can run off the other copies you require

Hope this helps, Paul

I would do, in my opinion the spreadsheet here is good and will adjust the interst figures each day

Particulars of Claim:

Did you have a line like this in it:

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

The daily rate is (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day

Generally yes, but its worth a try. BUT i would make sure your figures are up to date so you can confirmt the amounts

Hope this helps

PAul

Hia Thank u PKEA for your help and advice so far. In answer to your question in one of my letter to barclays i stated this: Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by yourselves the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £1439.80.

And on my moneyclaimonline form i stated this:

1. Between [insert date of first charge eg 15/3/04] and [insert date of last charge eg 9/2/06] the Defendant debited numerous charges from the Claimant’s [This means you because you are the person claiming the money] account.

2. The charges are an unfair penalty under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, because they are a disproportionately high sum in compensation compared to the cost of the purported breach.

3. Under the law of penalties, the charges are an unlawful ‘extravagant’ penalty.

4. Under the County Courts Act, the claimant is entitled to interest of 8% per annum from the date they were deprived of the money. This totals [insert amount of interest as calculated with the bank charges calculator], accruing at the daily rate of 0.021% until judgment or payment.

5. The Claimant asks the court to enter judgment in their favour for [insert total charges] plus interest, totaling [insert total charges plus interest].

Is that ok??

Hi

Have a read of the link below 'guide to court'

I wouldnt bother to call the bank until youve got a date.

Theres no harm in starting to prep your docs for the court bundle, the more time to have to read and understand it, the better.

Just get ONE copy ready for now, then when the time comes you can run off the other copies you require

Hope this helps, Paul

Sorry paul i couldnt see a link then?? can u re-send it to me?? and any ideas on how to get that spreadsheet up?????