Reflections on the ethos of the site

Mgizmogpc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

General hello to everyone who visits the site. Like all of you who visit, I have been screwed over for years by all the institutions that this site has been constructed to fight back against; the average "joe" in the street. I went to the meet outside the OFT Building, wondering what kind of person I would find. In effect I came from Yorkshire to London on a " fact finding Mission". When the only means of communication is the Internet you begin to wonder who is running or sponsoring the site etc. and what is the quality of the information that is being passed onto you through these web pages. I suppose I was expecting the Ultra Left Wing "bring down the establishment at any cost" kind of contributor that any web site can be prone to.

What I actually found was real human stories of people just like myself who knew they were being "Screwed" by Banks , Credit Card Companies, Mortgage Companies ( Insert the name of your particular Nemesis at this point ) etc. Your next door neighbour, your best mate, whatever have the same difficulties to a greater or lesser degree. The main point that this site doesn't publicise enough is the fact that there seems to be a collective social embarrassment about being in "Debt" to a financial institution of the kind that this site addresses these important issues to.

Why doesn't the OFT fight our corner more vociferously?

Why do the Banks Persist when any legal advisor will tell them they are "Batting for a fall" ? ( Inevitable surely ).

Why doesn't the government act in the public interest when it is the initial " calling card" they inevitably use when asking for the all important vote every time the "Five year period comes around". I'm indifferent as to each Party and it's policies, I've yet to find any; be it Labour, Conservative ( insert your personal Nemisis here ) that has lived upto the "implied" Manifesto that it preaches when the votes are required.

Democracy, I believe, resides in the collective will of the people, and for democracy to exist, it requires a place where people can gather and discuss issues that seriously P**s them off, together with other people that are seriously P**ssed off, without censorship or control by a higher body. I heard the word "Forum" mentioned today at the meet outside the OFT Offices which is a Latin term ( the Romans got it right , sometimes ); a place to meet and discuss your collective "Beef" against society as a whole. If someone is more versed in the History Of The British Isles, could they please give me an example of a more opportune time where the common man (generic term, not sexist ) has an opportunity to collectively "get it off his chest and fight back with an unhindered voice" without censorship or media editing, as the Internet affords us, please tell us, we'd all like to know.

This is your chance to hear the voice of fellow complainants like yourselves, there is no embarrassment here, we have all suffered and we can all make a change; if you want only your money back, I'm sure the creators of this site will not begrudge you that, if you want to fight your argument to the point of a Legal judgement they will surely run with that. But above all, use this opportunity to have your say and fight back on your own terms and regain your freedom from whatever financial institution is causing all those "sleepless nights" that you have had since your particular nightmare began. Don't shy away from it, we've all been through it, your experiences may benefit others and vice versa. It's life, it happens, it aint your fault. Lie down and take it if you want to, but wouldn't you rather fight back? Get active and regain control of YOUR life...

These are just my personal thoughts in regard to the people that I have personally met and read about as a result of logging onto this site. For my part after I've finished with my main Bank, I'll use that to finance my fight against the Credit Card Companies, when I've finished with them I'll sift through 12 years ( Property) of Mortgage arrangements to see if their charges are correct.

Challenge everyrthing, get your life back. God bless and Good Luck!

If this statement doesn't reflect the "Ethos" of this site and the reason why it was created in the first place, then if nothing else; do it for yourself

Regards

Graham

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks