Castlebest II - Return To The Claims

Castlebest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whoo Hoo look what I found drifting in the depths of the HSBC forum :) nice to be posting on my own thread for a change :D.

Well I got a copy of my credit report last week and lo and behold HSBC have posted a default against me on the 19th December 2007 for my current account. Sorry HSBC this is not allowed for an account which has been unused since August 2007 with a stayed court case pending.

Thanks to Bank Fodder and his recent sticky I feel a set of letters comming on :D.

pete

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it, pete - nice to see your thread back on .....:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

No....Go for 'em now pete - with guns smokin' (but nothing else!) LOL!:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 months later...

Look what I found :D its my old thread

Well I didn't give up smoking so its taken me 4 months to get this by just using my superior intelligence :rolleyes: trust me its not hard when your writing to a bank . Spelling and punctuation errors have been faithfully copied in the following :D.

Dear Mr Castlebest

Thank you for your letter concerning your request for the removal of all default entries made against you.

I note your comments that you feel we are in breach of the Banking Code in relation to the passing of data to credit reference agencies. I can assure you that HSBC takes is responsibilities under the Banking Code extremely seriously and having contacted our legal department regarding this matter. I can confirm that there has been no breach in relation to paragraph 13.6 and all defaults were justified at the time of application.

However, having reviewed the documentation you have provided I can confirm that our Debt Recovery department have agreed on this occasion to remove the defaults made against you in relation to the above account. Pleas allow 30 days for this removal to show on any credit reference agency reports.

I can also confirm that all collection proceedings in relation to your outstanding debt with the bank have been placed on hold pending the outcome of the legal proceedings with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

I hope I have been able to provide you with a satisfactory response with regard to this matter.

Yours sincerely

So my thoughts about getting defaults removed;

• if your claim has been stayed its annoying but quite easy to get defaults removed in the end. HSBC just played dumb with me (played?) they even made me send copies of my credit file to prove they had defaulted me. yes they are that dumb.
  • the credit reference agencies arn't interested, I wrote to Experian, Equifax and Call Credit. Experian were the only CRA to respond at all and all they did was put a marker on my file that said I disputed the default... And I would have missed that if I hadn't been looking for it...

So no change to anything :) stick to your guns and they will do what they are supposed to do :D and if in doubt ask us :)

pete

Well done , pete - it's been a while - but you've proved again that if you stick to your 'guns' (LOL)..... everything is possible . You're an inspiration to those who are just starting on your journey ,Mate. :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 1 year later...

Hi Ho!!!... Hi ho, Hi Ho, its back to court we go....

Well after a day reviewing the Supreme Court judgment and the various views on it I have to agree that we are back to business as usual, I cant see the County Courts being too happy with this state of affairs but the Law Lords have spoken and the FSA have removed the waiver.

I have also checked my own claim that has been languishing in the bowels of my computer for over 2 years and I think I will revise my POC, (the one thats in at the moment is an old MCOL short POC)

This will have the advantage of allowing me to add in the rest of the charges the bank added to my account before they closed it.

So my own route back to court will be an N244 to revise the claim submitted and a request to set aside the stay (again)

pete

Hi Ho!!!... Hi ho, Hi Ho, its back to court we go....

i like your approach....bang bang bang :D typical you!!

Im still sitting here digesting whats happened today & reading page upon page so i can understand what it means icon11.gif & im not even gonna attempt to locate my thread yet off page 8578 :eek: (or wherever it is) until i know what my next move should be - i presume i should be doing the same as you but will wait for guidance ;)

After todays verdict gaint sized mouse traps will be in the wardrobe tonight to catch that colin :D

déjà vu moment :D lol ST...good to see you!

Wahoo! freaky , PD , pete ..........et al ..... we're off again!! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Evening all! Good to see the old guard are still all about! Go get em pete, please keep us informed!

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

st24, good to see you back although I think you need to start reading again :rolleyes: Uncle Colin retired many months ago :D, it seems the new name in town is Helen Packwood.

PD I will look what we sent in for your claim and we can sort it out from there :).

Freaky, Oh I do!!! :D

I told you we would be getting busy Johnny :D.

I will Rob and I hope you will be following :D

pete

I told you we would be getting busy Johnny :grin:.

You did pete ....and it's great to feel that buzz again ... once more unto the breach dear friends ... once more ! :lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

I'm in mate! Waiting for those who are far brighter than this callsign to read the judgement and decide as to which is the best way to proceed.

If it was up to me, i'd get the 9 iron out of my boot and start swinging!!

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

I'm in mate! Waiting for those who are far brighter than this callsign to read the judgement and decide as to which is the best way to proceed.

If it was up to me, i'd get the 9 iron out of my boot and start swinging!!

damn it...all i have in my boot is rohypnol and a rope...

Hello again old friends.............Its good to be back:D

OK folks, tell me what and when to do it and I'm off fighting once more.

Just for the record, I have been on my ar*e so often of late Ms Packwood that your latest ploy will not even touch me so chuffing bring it on ! Have you ever seen a Jailbird with raging hormones and temper? No ? Well hang on to your desk Mrs...............

Hi JB ...good to see you back and up for the fight :)

If your claim is stayed at court (sorry ) I can't remember.. :confused: it's me age y'know .. lol! then you need to send the letter on thelines of :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/75008-hsbc-10.html#post2602871

or if you need to update it look pete's link on this thread .. or #188 on the above link ......

go get 'em girl !! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi nieve , welcome back to the fray! :)

some of us have been here a long time (havent we Johnny :grin:)

..... that we have pete ... and it's good to get OFT 's time wasting out of the way and get back to some real bank-baiting .... :rolleyes::D

Nemo me impune lacessit